• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back again soon, but gone again

mk153smaw

NAXJA Forum User
Hey y'all I am hopefully going to be back in the states before the end of summer from Iraq and will try to wheel some before I have to ship my rig to Hawaii (next duty station).
Anyone had jeeps out in Hawaii before? I am still trying to figure out if I will be legal on the island roads :twak:

Depends on what side of the island you are on. I wheeled with a few people on the Kaneohe side near the Pali(sp). It was off/near some road we called trash can road due to all the trash dumped there. Would not be a good place to leave your rig overnight or for a long time without being with it.

I will be in the middle of the island, but K-Bay is not far really.. everything isnt very far I guess!
I will try to look/ask about it when I am around that area. Maybe I can get off my talking podium and actually start up a chapter that cleans up trails to help ease land owners minds about letting us wheel out there. Would be cool to see if there is an established trail set that is more than "iffy-legal".

Back