• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 swap detail issues

90XJay

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hoping to buy all the pieces today I need for my ax-15 swap. My xj is a 90. Donor ax-15 came out 96. I have pedals from an 89 mj with ax15. My question is will I have an issue hooking up the 89 clutch MC (has a metal line) to the 96 slave cylinder (have read they come with plastic lines). If I go to the parts store which year line do I order or am i going to have get some adaptor fittings? Threads I searched didn't quite answer my question.

Parts list:
90 flywheel
90 CPS
90 MC line (metal)
96 slave clinder
sound right?

I already have the correct spline tcase to put in and all those details in order but the clutch I'm uncertain of.

You can buy the adapter from Novak for about $20. Or, if you could figure out how to mount a 96 MC that would be ideal. Then you could get the entire 96 pre-bled system. Adjustable length pushrods are available at Napa for the 89 style clutch pedal. I happen to be using the later setup (89 pedals & 98 hydraulics) for bench testing a clutch out of the vehicle.

His will be external. The switch was made in 94, his donor trans is a 96.

I would buy a new master/slave assembly and save a little trouble. It would be bolt and go, as long as bolting it in went smoothly.

Back