• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX 15? What should I expect to pay

Really depends on what shape it's in, and how lucky you get.

I'm not about to buy any lottery tix for a while - I scored a 1990 w/AX-15 in it for "free-ninety-nine" recently, and I figured that used up just about all my luck....

Working condition and pulled, probably a couple hundred or so. A builder box should run you less than a C-note, but you're going to have to get bearings, seals, and possibly hard parts for that one.

Make sure you specify a 2WD or 4WD version - the mainshafts are different. Also, while you can use the Peugeot clutch kit with the earlier "internal slave" AX-15, you'll have to get later hydraulics for the "external slave" version.

Depending on what year AX-15 you get, you may also need a new pilot bushing. I didn't have to change mine out for the 1990 box, but the later pilots are larger, and you'll want (oddly enough) a late 1970's CJ w/304 w/3-speed pilot bushing for that.

You may find this thread instructive as well, from a technical standpoint - http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70388

Good luck!

Back