• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AwesomeXJ late model build

Yes...... But I'm not going to swap out my axles for 3.55's then swap out those gears for 4.56's a few months later. That's not working smarter

Why should he buy 3.55 axles then spend the 600 on 4.88's in a few months.... seems like a dumb idea to drop 200-300 more for 3.55 axles......

$100 for TWO axles already geared to "better than what you're at right now" and an afternoon's worth of work to swap em in seems pretty smart to me....the new gears (if/when you get them) will go right in, and didn't you say you were changing you're layaway order from gears to a slip yoke anyways? ......does this mean you're going back to buying gears now?
Or are you gonna try to get gears, have them installed, buy a slip yoke, and source a driveline (with all new U-joints and a double cardan) all within "the next few months?".....
Ambitious man....I hope you can pull it off..... if ya do... and need help with the install lemme know.

Re: Re: AwesomeXJ late model build

$100 for TWO axles already geared to "better than what you're at right now" and an afternoon's worth of work to swap em in seems pretty smart to me....the new gears (if/when you get them) will go right in, and didn't you say you were changing you're layaway order from gears to a slip yoke anyways? ......does this mean you're going back to buying gears now?
Or are you gonna try to get gears, have them installed, buy a slip yoke, and source a driveline (with all new U-joints and a double cardan) all within "the next few months?".....
Ambitious man....I hope you can pull it off..... if ya do... and need help with the install lemme know.

I'm not building my jeep until after my wedding. I already have a line on a front shaft w/ double cardon (i just gotta pick it up) sye goes in first then gears then tires and refining the lift. I'm not worried.

Where you gotta pick up the driveline/double cardan from?

I can swing by one day on my way home from work....It's not that far out of my way....
Just want to coordinate with him on that to make sure he still has it or has it at the store.
(I thought u were gonna grab that B4 NWF?!?)

Re: Re: AwesomeXJ late model build

I can swing by one day on my way home from work....It's not that far out of my way....
Just want to coordinate with him on that to make sure he still has it or has it at the store.
(I thought u were gonna grab that B4 NWF?!?)

I forgot.....

I'll get with him and let you know

Back