• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4

I've seen far more AX-15's blow up than AW4's. I'd actually like to have a manual in my jeep but as far as reliability goes I wouldn't trust one quite as much.

I haven't blown one up yet, I've smoked a few synchros being an idiot and broke a bellhousing in half but I'm not really sure why that happened. The transmissions have remained intact despite my best efforts.

And I have a few spares around and experience rebuilding AX5s and AX15s, so worst case I will bodge another together from spare parts on hand and slap it in the next day. I can't do that with an AW4 if I manage to kill another... automatics are magical inside as far as I'm concerned.

I beat the tar out of an AX-15.

it is stout as long as you put the correct fluid in it.

I picked up a spare trans a long time ago when mine started making noises. It never died and I gave the spare to doug when he took the truck.

Well you guys have gd luck with the aw4s I have no luck.. Same issue as #broken sockets.... I get a noise the colder outside the louder sometimes... Guessing the pump is failing...? I replaced tc with a rebuilt converter was running decent for a while.. Then it started actin up.. Get to a red light wont move have to restart an putt it to first gear... I have another trans that was actin the same... But that one got water in it... So I'm just looking to get another trans... At this point jeep drives.. But loses pressure after a little bit of driving ... Other than that no complaints.. O yeh 2nd gear an Tc lockup come an go as they please.... 96xj classic 4x4 233,000

Back