• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Transmission Control Problem!

So the sensor is exactly the same 87-97 and then changes to a different part for 98-01 (I did not check 00-01 but they should be the same part.)

Thank you for correcting that.

I wasn't sure about the 90-91 change so I dug into it a bit before posting that last night. I searched and kept coming up with a different part number for the Renix. Rock Auto and a few other places didn't show a part number at all for the Renix, but did have the 83503722 listed for 91-97.

I do know the newer 98+ sensor/rotor will trigger the RENIX TPS, just 4x too fast and you end up in 4th gear at about 15 mph.

They must not die very often, the parts store i work at doesn't even list one. I had to go to the dealership, which had never sold one and had to overnight it from Portland. It's always the least common part that breaks on my jeep!

Back