• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 performance kit

ok, thanks! the stall of aw4 at what rpm is fixed? maybe 2500 are too bit for my engine..
i don´t understand what is there for 479$?

pablito80 said:
ok, thanks! the stall of aw4 at what rpm is fixed? maybe 2500 are too bit for my engine..
i don´t understand what is there for 479$?

I'm not sure - as I said, "production" TCs for gasoline engines tend to run a stall speed somewhere around 2000-2500rpm.

If you're putting it behind a Diesel, that's too high. You want to stall somewhere down around 1000-1200rpm or so - the torque peak for a Diesel is much lower. (Hell, most Diesels redline up around 2800-3000rpm or so! It's all that compression and the long stroke...) See if they can do that for you. You can get moving before you hit stall - but the more loaded you are, the closer to stall you have to get, and you end up wasting engine power output by simply converting it to heat. So you want a lower stall speed behind a Diesel either way.

Back