• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auto to manual

ocampbell91xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 jeep Cherokee with the 4.0 . I am wanting to swap in the ax15. What all will I need? Preferably I would like an external slave what all would I need for that? All input helps!

Normally I dont say this and i don't like when people say this.....but their are SOO many write-ups on this and threads.. Google is your friend.

However I will add as far as parts go pedal assembly, clutch disc, pressure plate, fly wheel, t-case linkage (boostwerks makes this easy with his conversion on his website) depending on what lift if you have one and what driveshaft sye or not you will need a shorter driveshaft if I'm not mistaken (someone chime in if I'm wrong here) center console for a 5 speed, etc, etc, etc..

Here ya go
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...thread-258497/#/forumsite/20623/topics/258497

Last edited:
You're also going to want a pcm from an ax15 cherokee(i think 91-95 are interchangeable).

Back