• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

August is coming up...

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
Is there a shindig planned for Fiesta Island?

I know, got to be connected to social media to know about these things. I just can't get past the "social" part.

It's on Saturday August 27th.

I will be there with family. Probably taking the Suburban, more room for the kids stuff. I don't know if we will be bringing fruit from the trees, but we will be bringing some chili.

Thank you.

It is now on my calendar.

Is there a shindig planned for Fiesta Island?

I know, got to be connected to social media to know about these things. I just can't get past the "social" part.

Actually, I don't think it's been on social media. You need to be a SoCalXJ Yahoo Group member to know these things :D

Actually, I don't think it's been on social media. You need to be a SoCalXJ Yahoo Group member to know these things :D

From my perspective (under my rock), that is social media.

It is too sophisticated for me. Twice an effort has been made to add me to Yahoo Groups. Both times it has gone down in flames. I get logged in once, the very first time and then can never log in again because I don't have any facebook/twitter/fantasy football/yada yada user ID. So back to my rock I go.

You and I live under similar rocks. I would say a yahoo group is social media...and therefor Im out.

Ya'll think a discussion board and mailing list is a social network?

I never thought of it that way, I always think of Twitter and Facebook as social networks. but I suppose by definition any forum is. I guess that makes NAXJA a social network tool as well. Better sign off and get back to your guys' rocks.

Even this study mentions forums:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...nt_corporate_functions.png#mw-jump-to-license

Wiki: "A social networking service (also social networking site, SNS or social media) is a platform to build social networks or social relations among people who share similar personal and career interests, activities, backgrounds or real-life connections.[1] The variety of stand-alone and built-in social networking services currently available in the online space introduces challenges of definition, but there are some common features:[2] (1) social networking services are Web 2.0 internet-based applications,[2][3] (2) user-generated content (UGC) is the lifeblood of SNS organisms,[2][3] (3) users create service-specific profiles for the site or app that are designed and maintained by the SNS organization,[2][4] and (4) social networking services facilitate the development of online social networks by connecting a user's profile with those of other individuals and/or groups.[2][4] Most social network services are web-based and provide means for users to interact over the Internet, such as e-mail and instant messaging. Social network sites are varied and they incorporate new information and communication tools such as mobile connectivity, photo/video/sharing and blogging.[5] Online community services are sometimes considered a social network service, though in a broader sense, social network service usually means an individual-centered service whereas online community services are group-centered. Social networking sites allow users to share ideas, pictures, posts, activities, events, and interests with people in their network. While social networking has gone on almost as long as societies themselves have existed, the unparalleled potential of the Web to facilitate such connections is only now being fully recognized and exploited, through Web-based groups established for that purpose."

It sounds like NAXJA and SoCalXJ are more "online communities" then a social network.

Last edited:
You and I live under similar rocks. I would say a yahoo group is social media...and therefor Im out.

I would say, you're wrong. Or don't know what a yahoo group is. But if yahoo group is social media, then so is vBulletin.

Last edited:
From my perspective (under my rock), that is social media.

It is too sophisticated for me. Twice an effort has been made to add me to Yahoo Groups. Both times it has gone down in flames. I get logged in once, the very first time and then can never log in again because I don't have any facebook/twitter/fantasy football/yada yada user ID. So back to my rock I go.

I don't follow. All you need is an email address, a user id, and a password. Same as this forum. Maybe they changed it and I'm unaware. Or it's a PEBKAC error.

I would say, you're wrong. Or don't know what a yahoo group is. But if yahoo group is social media, then so is vBulletin.
Relax mike, I was only teasing. Reality is just that I do not need another place to sign on to, or check emails from. Between this forum, miatas, guns, my diesel, and dirtbikes....I have enough to keep track of.

Back