• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arrival times???

ladywolf said:
no biggie to me.....was gonna see what sams88 wanted to do also, i dont really care either way

State where and what time! One other down here can take off early, and I don't know about the 3rd one yet... still trying to con him in to going.

lol ok how about johne deere, sunnyside, 4pm, since its right there by the freeway?

Sam and ladywolf, if you want, from sunnyside you can head up to the SR241/24 intersection up in the hills north of Sunnyside, Sam, we went through there on our way back from (?) Yakima a few mos back......I can meet you there.

That is way out of the way for Me, if anything I can meet you guys up in Naches at Slims market or something.

It's not good for me either Karl. Dan will be pulling a trailer with his rig on it and once he hits the freeway out of Richland he isn't going to want to get off it until it ends at Naches, other than for an off-ramp thing.

It looks now like Jerry is going to take that Friday off. I don't know if Dan can do that yet. So until I know when Dan will be able to clear town, things are sorta hanging at the moment as to departure times.

Caravans get to be a little hard to do when peoples work schedules have to be factored in. If Dan can't get off work early, I would imagine that Jerry will want to wait and drive up with Dan. If he does that, then I'll just take off earlier in the day like noon or earlier, to get up there and get a couple camp sites. Things should firmed up by Monday or Tuesday.

hey sam let me know, ok? i can take off anytime (the joys of being home on leave) and i dont wanna hit the freeway by myself...its always good to have another body around when you are doin that type of stuff.

ladywolf said:
hey sam let me know, ok? i can take off anytime (the joys of being home on leave) and i dont wanna hit the freeway by myself...its always good to have another body around when you are doin that type of stuff.

Okay, plan on it then. Hans just dropped me a PM about arranging for camp sites if I was planning on getting there early. So will head out early so we can get either the group site or a group of sites close together if the group site is already taken.

yep it'll be nice to finally get to meet the NW NAXJA guys. i met a couple the last time i was home, so i could get a tshirt, but didnt get to go wheel with anyone.

uh, hey Kris, im confused now as to when everyone is gonna be where, So let me know where you're gonna meet with everyone and i'll meet you there.

Dingo

i'm meeting sams88 at bimart in sunnyside, then we are convoying up from there...i'm not sure as to what time yet either

let me know and i can meet you in naches or something. im like you i don't want to hit the freeway without someone else with me, especially since there is all kinds of "virgin" parts on the XJ right now.

Dingo

Any one going from Spokane. I would like to leave around noon. I have the day off so I can leave whenever.

Dingo509 said:
let me know and i can meet you in naches or something. im like you i don't want to hit the freeway without someone else with me, especially since there is all kinds of "virgin" parts on the XJ right now.

Dingo

We are shooting for 9:30am at BiMart, so adjust travel time from that. Where you going to be at in Naches?

Last edited:
sams88 said:
We are shooting for 9:30am at BiMart, so adjust travel time from that. Where you going to be at in Naches?

I can meet you guys at Slim's market just inside naches on the right. Fairly easy to get a trailer in and out of. If that doesn't work let me know and we can pick something else.

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
I can meet you guys at Slim's market just inside naches on the right. Fairly easy to get a trailer in and out of. If that doesn't work let me know and we can pick something else.

Dingo

Works fine. :)

sams88 said:
Works fine. :)

No it doesn't not anymore. I just pulled out the seat and the seat frame, the base, and the lower pan, are all destroyed. So I won't be able to get a new seat till friday. There's no way I can get the seat, install it, and be to naches by 10 or so. Especially since the wrecking that has the seat doesn't open till 9. I hope to be there around friday afternoon. See ya'll there

Somehow I will make it.

Dingo

Last edited:
Dingo509 said:
No it doesn't not anymore. I just pulled out the seat and the seat frame, the base, and the lower pan, are all destroyed. So I won't be able to get a new seat till friday. There's no way I can get the seat, install it, and be to naches by 10 or so. Especially since the wrecking that has the seat doesn't open till 9. I hope to be there around friday afternoon. See ya'll there

Somehow I will make it.

Dingo

Sowhat happened to the seat? Rusted out????

sams88 said:
Sowhat happened to the seat? Rusted out????

Im not sure really, not rust though. i'll take some pics and show you. as far as i can tell the frame broke first, stressed the base and broke it. and with this thing having about 6-8" of lift the lower pan (the metal shell under the cushion) cracked from me sliding in and out all these years. the crack pretty much goes front to back on the drivers side. so im going to try and find something to bolt in there sooner but it's not looking good.

besides that im still adjusting the new suspension, trying to fix the rear ARB and swapping rear calipers. and ive installed a new radiator and fans and have yet to road test them. its almost all virgin parts. and none of them are working the way i want them too. but i've been fighting with the damn thing for 3 months so im not about to give up this close.

Dingo

Back