• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are PRP seats worth it?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Xj seats fit me really well but I'm interested in suspension for my back. who has done the swap? was it noticeable?

I'm leaning towards prp enduro but it's debatable. I'm not sure I really need reclining.

Last edited:
worth every penny.

go through Daves offroad on here, he is a vendor, and he will get you good pricing, way better than PRP shipped.

Looks like the same price on their site but I'll shoot them a pm. Thanks.

Absolutely worth it. I'm on my second set of PRP seats and would not consider anything else.

Looks like the same price on their site but I'll shoot them a pm. Thanks.

Dont be lazy! Contact him. And contact prp . Get quotes from both shipped to your door. The
Bottom line was way cheaper through daves . Especially since i went with +4s and prp wanted 150$ shipping plus tax.
Daves no tax,
75$ shipping, and either 5% off or maybe 10% off through naxja. Huge difference in final pricing

150 shipping holy balls.
What did you do for mounts?

What kind do you guys have?

Guess I'm lucky. I just drive over there and pick all my stuff up. I've owned a ton of PRP seats, and they are awesome. Actually looking at a set in my living room right now for a project that may never get finished LOL.

I have the PRP recliner seats, and they are extremely comfortable. Being a two door, I needed the seat to flip forward. The PRP seats flip far further forward than the stock seats.

I purchased the tracks from PRP, and we then bolted them to mounts built off the floor pan.

David Bricker / SYR

I have a 2dr too but no seats in the back. Still on the fence about reclining because I've ran 4dr seats for years. If the slider goes far enough forward for me to grab shit behind the seat then the only benefit of recliner is to... recline. Which may be nice on long days.

I think as long as there's no comfort decrease in going with the enduro over the daily driver I'll go with the enduro.

Glad you mentioned their slider kit t that's pretty cheap I was going to just use the stock weird arced one.

I spent many hours making custom, high clearance seat mounts that bolt to factory seats for my old renix setup , like 3-4 hours per side to build them, but spent 0$ since I have tons of steel in supply and a welder on hand . When I transferred them to my late model XJ, I got lucky and found a guy selling TJ aftermarket seat brackets that are the same as the late model XJ , on Pirate4x4 , for 40$, locally. I was stoked.

Everyone that sits in these PRP , +4, Daily driver series loves them (DD series has lower sides so I can get in it ) . I am 6'1" and the +4 backs are perfect to actually cover my head whereas some stock height suspension seats that I had tried all went to the base of my neck.

You may not have a back seat, but even accessing anything in the back of a two door with fixed seats means you can only squeeze your arm through or climb up in and go between the seats. Even with the seats all the way forward. Spend the extra and go recliner.
I have the daily drivers and their brackets. Nicer than my Mastercraft Rubicon seats.

Does prp make a mount or adapter for the xj? That's one of the things I like about mastercraft and corbeau

It's not on their site, but I believe it's the same as the TJ kit. I'll have to search for my receipt to get the part number. Or give them a quick call and they'll point you in the right direction.

Back