• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Approach Angle & Winch Bumpers

Markm80521 said:
Except that you can build a front and rear for less than that. I wouldn't exactly call that "stupid." Just depends on wether or not you have the tools or access to the tools. The steel is cheap. Of course, if you are stupid then the fabrication part might be a little difficult, math and imagination are required.

Steel is cheap ?...I'm not sure where your from, but around here steel is hard to find and when you do you feel ripped off when you leave.

Stick said:
Steel is cheap ?...I'm not sure where your from, but around here steel is hard to find and when you do you feel ripped off when you leave.

Check the date of the post. Steel was cheap back then.

I have this bumper:
F-AOGTFq0auGrs7EDcU_nnA

It only sticks out as far as the stock bumper. I got it here: http://www.wnccustomjeeps.com/index.htm

John

ryurabbit said:
Try these bumpers. Had mine for over a year and no trouble. Awesome approach angle and strong as hell!

WWW.loose-nuts-enterprises.com
Yup, I second that! Even though I don't have one, I have seen 4 of those and they were great! Now that I'm considering getting a winch (all depends on how much I can sell whatever is leftover from my XJ for) I'll get that one instead of modifying the one I built (and still haven't finished up!).

Anyways, Dan has come up with a pretty neat and clean design which allows the bumper to be fairly light while still be strong.

Hey Jes,

Way back in your original posts you said your ORGS ones has a good approach angle. I noticed that the unside of the ORGS looks kinda like the tapered-ends C4x4. Have you seen a C4x4 up close to be able to compare them? Thanks.

-Mike

Has anyone given the Four Real bumpers a try? It appears that they've got a really good approach angle, but I don't know where you'd hook a tow strap.

Robert

Back