• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Apexi SAFC 2 Write Up!!!

I posted it twice prior. Once, then I quoted it when you asked again, and a third time. Post #47,#57, #59. I'm doing it a 4th time just because you are illiterate.
Sensor type is Pressure, with 01 in and 01 out (at least on my 2000). Don't recall if its up or down arrow. I want to say down. But its easy enough to figure out.

How long did it take to install the SAFC? Any reason it wouldnt work well on say a stroker with N2O in a 1998? Thanks for the write up, have wondered about this before, glad to see someone has done it.

I hath a question ( and it is wired up properly ).

When I make adjustments, it isn't reflected. Te adjustments are to the point of drastic. Say -40% and it didn't budge from 12-13.5'ish from 1000-2000 RPM.

There also isn't an 02 sensor hooked up in the front or the rear, but I've put in 3 of them now. All have been Bosch. Tomorrow I'm going to get an NTK from NAPA and then have a shop punch another hole in the exhaust for my 2ndary Innovate wideband that I have been using to monitor my SAFC II that has a poker face Lady Gaga would kill to have in her music video.

You won't see the adjustment have an effect until you are in WOT. Depending on the year it could be as muck as 60% throttle, IIRC. 1000-2000 will always be 14.7:1. And hook up your O2 sensors, they are still needed.

It took me about 4 hours to install my Apexi in my 2000. As far as Nitrous are you using a wet or dry system?

I didn't know it only adjusted WOT. I guess it's definitely time to put those 02's back in there. I was wondering why at WOT it ran relatively lean.

If it only works at WOT then I don't see the purpose of the Hi and Lo throttle percentages with separate fuel maps. Seems kind of irrelevant.

I'm not using nitrous.

Any MAP based piggy back adjuster only works in open loop (WOT), when the PCM isn't relying on the O2 sensors for the majority of the data for adjusting AFR. That is also when the PCM relies on the MAP sensor for most of the data.

On the Apexi you can adjust the lo throttle fuel map to try to 0 your long term fuel trims. But you want to focus on the high map and adjust for Open loop AFRs. Also, keep in mind that the Apexi is made of a range of vehicles and engines.

The PCM NEEDS the O2 sensors to use closed loop. That is how it determines the 14.7:1 AFR when in closed loop.

It took me about 4 hours to install my Apexi in my 2000. As far as Nitrous are you using a wet or dry system?

Talyn, did the 4 hours include the tuning? Was reading the manual the other day, seems like it could take quite a while to get it fine tuned. I would probably run the Venom system if I decide to add nitrous also. Not sure about that yet, I would only use it a couple times a year now when I can get to the Silver Lake Sand Dune in Michigan, I just dont want to lock myself into one setup for now and have to pay more money for something else later if it can be avoided.

No, the 4 hours was just for the install. I don't know how it would perform with nitrous. Over all a wet system would work better with the PCM as it would add fuel with the nitrous. Since it will be at WOT and open loop it would leave the PCM pretty much out of the loop.

No, the 4 hours was just for the install. I don't know how it would perform with nitrous. Over all a wet system would work better with the PCM as it would add fuel with the nitrous. Since it will be at WOT and open loop it would leave the PCM pretty much out of the loop.

Now I see why you asked me about nitrous given my AFR guage. Perhaps I should consider that. I just don't like the idea of constantly having to purchase the stuff. I wouldn't mine running a very low shot of it though... constantly.

My pin out is different on my 97 did you use the tach signal or crank signal? My rpms are all over the place and way off no matter what settings i use 4-6-8 ect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

My pin out is different on my 97 did you use the tach signal or crank signal? My rpms are all over the place and way off no matter what settings i use 4-6-8 ect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Back