• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Naches in August?

Scott ya puss. I just drove my no sway bared, out of ballanced, beat to sh!t rig to Utah and back. Wheeled the hell out of Little Moab and had vary little problems. Bring parts and tools and your good to go. If your rigs sucks that bad get #s to people along the way. There is always a way to go wheel.

Sorry scott but I needed to vent. I haven't wheeled in 3 weeks

Scott ya puss. I just drove my no sway bared, out of ballanced, beat to sh!t rig to Utah and back. Wheeled the hell out of Little Moab and had vary little problems. Bring parts and tools and your good to go. If your rigs sucks that bad get #s to people along the way. There is always a way to go wheel.

Sorry scott but I needed to vent. I haven't wheeled in 3 weeks

Well after seeing how many ppl appear they're going to go to TSF now...I'm considering it more of an option.

I wasn't aware of the turn out. We'll see.

~Scott

So back on topic ....:banghead:
I did the Nachess Trail ,then went to the Kaner Flat tr. Lilly Pond tr. then another trail up to the ridge crossed over to the Rocks, No body there at 2:30 pm on sat the 8th ,did a little exploring some road ,down on another trail saw a flock of sheep and the herders trailer being pulled by a John Deere tractor , to the hiway astop a Whistlin Jacks then home by 7:15 pm a Great easy day at the Little Naches.

So back on topic ....:banghead:
I did the Nachess Trail ,then went to the Kaner Flat tr. Lilly Pond tr. then another trail up to the ridge crossed over to the Rocks, No body there at 2:30 pm on sat the 8th ,did a little exploring some road ,down on another trail saw a flock of sheep and the herders trailer being pulled by a John Deere tractor , to the hiway astop a Whistlin Jacks then home by 7:15 pm a Great easy day at the Little Naches.

We were up there from Fri-monday. The place is huge, any trail we found could easily run all day. We didnt really have any usable maps but we found moonrocks and a couple other great trails. Awesome place, especially now that we now where to camp and some of the real trails.

I've been trying to find info on a really bad rollover that happened on saturday but have'nt found anything. The story as we heard it goes as, 2 people in a exo'd toyota (I think, really hard to tell) tried running down one of the basketball sized rock fields up there that had to be over 45 degrees and maybe 300 feet in elevation and started going end over end (supposedly nearly 10 times). The driver (we heard) got away with only a few cuts/bruises but the passenger was life flighted out (saw pics of the helicopter). We found the place on sunday and everything was still there (I have a bunch of pics). Absolutely horrible, I really want to follow the story, if you here anything please let me know. I took a ton of pics in case they were needed later.

CEG said:
Truck Drives off mountain from String Trail (4W309)

Manastash Ridge, Washington -
On August 8th, 2009 a guy decides to drive his truck off the 4W309 trail on the ridge to get to the lower part of 4W309 which he could see from the top. This is what we were told by the people in the other rig with them we met earlier on 4W330. They were on their way to look for Search & Recue and had a flat and had to borrow a jack.

Some quad riders in the area where there helping by the time we got there. The quad riders said the driver was in pain but could walk around. The passenger was conscious but could not move. We stayed to help until the Search & Recue got there. We had to guide the helicopter in by phone. The Search & Recue and Forest Rangers on the ground showed up as the helicopter was landing.

We do not know how this story ended. We just hope for the best.

Clayton E. Graham

All Wheelers Off Road Club

3250 Selah Loop Rd.

Selah, Washington 98942

[email protected]

www.aworc.com

* All Wheelers Off Road Club

* Eastern Washington Off Road Forum

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image020.jpg

What time of the day did this happen ?
Looks like its time for some beadlocks and a big roll cage.
Hope they`re glad to survive that and not all short cuts are good ones

Back