• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running 34's with 3.07's

thats got to suck running 34's with 3.07 i dont like the feeling with 31's with 3.55 with an Auto

I had 3.07s and 33s for almost a year, and it wasn't all that bad. Yeah, I couldn't get past 35 goin uphill, and I never even came close to 5th gear, and wheelin the thing in technical spots wasn't possible (its pretty much just point it and open the throttle with that setup). But I'd do it again if I had to without too much complaint. As for mileage... it was MUCH better than my new rig with 5.13s and 37s.
Since you're only driving a few miles a day around town, and you're regearing soon... I say go for it.

I drove on 30's for a couple of years and didn't realize how bad it was until I put some 28's back on before I sold it. In my opinion the 3.07's are already too tall for the stock equipment. Any bigger with the tires and the clutch will start to suffer and going offroad will be tricky at low speeds.

I went from 28s when I got it to 30s less than a week later (tires were bald when I got it). Then I went to 33's and drove it for probably 2 years like that. Now it is off the road for work since its not the DD anymore. I plan on putting the XJ back on the road for the winter, ASAP becuase i miss driving it.. but I am dropping XJ 4.10 axles under it for the time being before I put her back on the street. I could do 75 without any issue with the 3.07s (just kept it in 4th gear, I have a 5 speed.) but it was a dog, particularly off road. Cant wait to try driving it again with 4.10s this time :D

Once I have the money I am picking up a 9" and maybe D44 and going to at least 4.88s, but thats once I get to 36" tires. Working on the Jeep is much easier when its not your DD. lol

I did 31's and 3.07's and hated it. 5th gear was useless.

Around town I might drop the front shaft and run it in 4wd low.

One of my buddies had a 94 YJ (4.0 HO with AX15 transmission) and 33x12.50 ProComp Xterrains and 3.07 gearing.

It was pretty good around town but 5th gear gave no power on the highway.

In fact it felt more peppy than my 95 XJ with 4.0 and automatic with 33x12.50's. Of course my XJ had about 130,000 more miles on it than the YJ!

runnin a 97 w/ 3.07's and 265-75-16 (Practically a 32) and it goes good on flat ground and around town but as soon as I hit the highway no 5th gear unless it's flat ground and I've completely lost all my pulling and mountain climbing power. I'm goin back to 245-75-16's until I can snag up sum factory 3.55's

Back