• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone remotely near Uvalde, TX?

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone lives near Uvalde, Tx or if anyone has even heard of it. I feel like i'm completely isolated from the world.

1987 XJ
4.0 AW4 231 D44
Chopped + 4"
Topless

I feel the same way, I am from Texarkana, though. You'd think there would be more of us in a town so big.

Uvalde is beautiful country! Went to Church camp as a kid there, and recently (Summer 2008) took the family in around that area looking for fossils.

My best friend manages the fish hatchery for the Fish & Wildlife Service there. I've been several times now that my family is in San Antonio. I can't wait to move down there too!

Our deer lease is about 60 miles N-NW of Uvalde.
There are some real nice deer in that part of Texas.

Just wondering if anyone lives near Uvalde, Tx or if anyone has even heard of it. I feel like i'm completely isolated from the world.

1987 XJ
4.0 AW4 231 D44
Chopped + 4"
Topless

thats all God's country......Medina west to Leaky and beyond. North and South on Rio Frio. The three sisters.

Say a prayer and thank god for your isolation and blessings

The rivers around here used to be very nice when I was a kid. In these past couple of years, it has been very dry. This past summer was horrible, our rivers were as dry as they have ever been. I'm hoping they'll be back up again next year.

So I guess alot of people visit that area... but no one lives in that area.

Sounds like my house. lol

Texarkana is ultimately seated perfect between all major cities, DFW, Shreveport/Bossier, Little Rock, etc.

Yes I agree.... all of those are pretty good places to hang out, but the bad part is..... there actually really isn't anything here. Close to everything, but in the middle of nothing.

UvaldeTXJ,

I'm in Kyle, about 2.5 hrs away...
I used to camp the Park Chalk Bluff WAAAAAY back in the day, and scuba dive the springs there. Haven't been there in over 20 yrs. I have a buddy he's a park ranger out there. did you need help with a project?

ROAD TRIP!

Back