• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone near Sheboygan, WI?

vt98xj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I have a pending Job offer near Sheboygan and I was wondering how it was up there. It looked like a nice area when I went up for an interview but I didn't get a real good chance to look around a lot. I think I have a newer apartment/duplex/Condo picked out with a 2 car garage (so I can work on the jeep, haha)

Lets hear the pros and cons of the area, thanks

I'm about 20 miles south. A lot of the people I work with live in sheboygan county. Its close to the lake so we get a bit more snow and its cooler in the summer..

We're about an hour or so away...

Any good wheeling up there? Anything is better then Middle of Illinois. Anyhow I made the verbal commitment to the company and should be moving up before the end of the year if everything goes right.

As far as I can tell, nothing much around here. The guys with WI4x4 have a good time near Brillion once in a while. It's not a park though.

I was wondering about what I would have to do for the move and came across emissions testing :flamemad:I thought I got away from safety inspections when I left Vermont. http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/im.htm

Anyhow, it seems like they only check for MIL and the OBD. I am not worried about the MIL or OBD test. (Just means I have an excuse to get APR chipped sooner for my VW GLI daily driver, 270hp/323tq :laugh2:)

I am worried if it is a fart sniffer for the jeep and the Jetta. Do you guys know if it is a tail pipe fart sniffer too? I might need to look for apartments in the surrounding counties if that is the case.

Last edited:
Not anymore. By me they just plug in and check to make sure guages and gas cap are good. If you are really worried I've heard of people saying they keep vehicles in emissions exempt counties. If your into fast little cars you will have to check out Road America, its pretty close to Sheboygan..

I am fine with a MIL/OBD check.

I plan on hitting up Road America during the spring when/if they have an open track. Hopefully I will have a faster V-8 rwd car by then.

My buddy and i used to go to the classics races every year. At lunch break you could pay a nominal fee to drive your inspected vehicle on the track. It was hilarious watching race heritage gt40s blow past a family in a minivan.

It is official, just accepted a Diesel Application and Calibration Engineer position at Kohler Engines.

I will be up there Tuesday to start work, get a week off after X-mas and then move up permanently Jan 1st. I'll use this coming week to find an apartment.

I found some offroading parks too so lets plan on getting a group together in the spring summer ;)

Truck is 98% loaded, on the road tomorrow morning with the U-haul and Jetta. The jeep is getting shipped via car carrier, I had to warn them that it was a tall cherokee, haha.

Back