• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know

Texas Twitch

NAXJA Forum User
Why, with the tranny pulled away, and the torque converter bolts off, a TC won't come detached from the flywheel? tried prying from both sides and no headway. nothing interfering with the movement of the TC, and TC and flywheel are spinning with each other. WTF? taking the original off was NOT this much of a problem.

Going back to my sister's around noon or so tomorrow, after i go to the mesquite Big Town gun show. If anyone wants to join the festivities of either, let me know!

aww big town show is tomorrow.. are u sure u got all bolts off? did u try equal pressure from 2 sides at once? dont know if it works on jeeps but on some u can partally thread the polt and wack it with a hammer to break the seal

If the TC was bolted down in not the perfect position it could have gotten wedged into the pilot hole in the back of the crank. Just my guess

What time is the Big Town Gun Show tomorrow? I'll go with you, send me a txt. I gotta be at Toyota of Dallas though at 8am for a Go Overland event from Expedition Portal.

cobra-yup, big town show is tomorrow. triple checked that all the bolts were off, and even counted them several times to make sure i wasnt crazy. i thought about the bolt/hammer thing, but didnt try it. will try it tomorrow. and yes, we tried equal pressure on top and bottom with pry bars.

bigjim-god i hope thats not the issue. thank for the heads up though. i think its PROBABLY not that though, because it is seated against the flywheel perfectly. once again, hope thats not it!

alex-give me a shout in the AM and i'll let you know when we're going. i'll be up all night (overnight shift).

Back