• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever use this radiator set up?? Looks great

Keep in mind when I installed underdrive system my Somona the crank pulley was half the size of oem.
I did a little research and nobody makes an underdrive system for the jeep. I also read on another form that it is not recommended for the jeep. (5-90) Posted a reply on someone asking about underdrive pulleys.

What about a smaller pulley? Would a smaller puller allow it to spin faster? Is that what we are after?
I want the water pump to spin slower and a smaller pulley on the water pump will make it spin faster. The idea is to make the water flow slower through the radiator so it will give up more heat as it passes through.

I want the water pump to spin slower and a smaller pulley on the water pump will make it spin faster. The idea is to make the water flow slower through the radiator so it will give up more heat as it passes through.

Ah ha, got it. What water pump do you have? I am going to install a gmb here shorty.

Random question, How do you know that your water pump is spinning to fast?

We don't. We suspect that it could be though. I don't know how the manufacturer sizes the water pump, but I doubt that they're designed to be as efficient as possible. Probably just like how it seems like the rest of the system was designed, "good enough."

Another comment about using restrictors is that they may actually work better than simply slowing down the water pump speed. Part of the theory of restrictors IIRC is that part of their benefit is the fact that they create higher water pressure inside the water jackets which keeps bubbles from forming and boiling off and decreasing the coolant's ability to carry heat.

Back