• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone changed bushings on Rusty's Leafs'

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Know where I can get some, besides crusty.
My Rubbers are shot. The torque transfers from the detroit on the street has taken its toll.
I
have a poly kit fore the rear stock springs, daystar. The poly is too big( Only the Main eye by a quarter inch O.D.)

Are they the same bushings that RE uses in they're xj springs? From the looks of them they look like it, the metal sleeve....

Guy at RE couldn't seem to know. Rustys... well TIA

i called rustys and told them mine were shot so he sent me a complete set of bushings for free. Just havn't gotten around to punching the old ones out yet.

no chit! I'll even take a HD pic of mine. 99NCXJ, If you can get to a shop with a press, it'll take no time.

Take an air hammer to em. Its a pain but worth not paying a shop to press em out:repair:

I torched one, one time before I had a press. Stinky but you can bang the sleeve out easier :D

well, looks like the stock units are the same size as my poly's, too big for the main eye hole diameter. Guess I'll call crusty's and try to get new ones.

I searched everywhere for replacement bushing for my tomken leafs and even posted to here twice, not even tomken could tell me where to get replacement rubber bushings. Then i emailed deaver with the dimensions i needed, got an email back about an hour later saying they had them in stock and they were only about 8 bucks a piece.

RyanM said:
well, looks like the stock units are the same size as my poly's, too big for the main eye hole diameter. Guess I'll call crusty's and try to get new ones.

Let me get you a NAPA part #. I think I used TJ bushings. I'll post it up tomorrow. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
Let me get you a NAPA part #. I think I used TJ bushings. I'll post it up tomorrow. JIM.
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the stock units are around 2.7" I need bushings that are 2.5" for the main eye for this particular pack.

Anyone would LOL if they saw my email conversation with Rusty's. Seem's like they found the best noob on naxja and gave him a job answering emails

RyanM said:
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the stock units are around 2.7" I need bushings that are 2.5" for the main eye for this particular pack.

Anyone would LOL if they saw my email conversation with Rusty's. Seem's like they found the best noob on naxja and gave him a job answering emails

I forgot all about this. Wrote myself a note to get it tomorrow. JIM.

NAPA part # is 274-7057. JIM.

Back