• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one interested in this?

TRL WGN 1 said:
Nope, don't see this happening. Plus, not much there that would be of much interest to Jeeps anyways.

Yeah, Penny Lane is the place you are thinking of.
Definitely different

There's also Traveling Treasures on Jefferson, but yeah in this case he's thinking of Penny Lane

Sorry for jumping back on topic for a moment . . . but the only way the nonexistent public wheeling situation in Illinois will ever get better is if we are seen as a large, well behaved and vocal block of voting constituents. Until then, why the hell should any self-absorbed legislator even bother to feign awareness of our existence?
I'm going to make it this year. I work in the building next to the Capitol, and it's an encouraging sight to see so many wheelers parading past. Believe me, there are groups out there trying to get noticed all the time, but which draws more attention: a crowd all wearing the same t-shirt, or a couple of hundred built Jeeps slapping their mud-tire tread blocks on Second Street past the Capitol?

I believe we're planning to go, but gotta get time off work first. Went back in 2003 and blew a CrankPS at a stop in Pontiac... maybe I should bring a spare. :D

this question has come up on other sites and thought I'd add this info too ...

The point of having Stormin' Springfield -

While you are correct that the past Stormin' events have centered on obtaining public land for wheeling, this years objectives have changed. State owned land for wheeling, at the present time, is unattainable with the current Governor. That is a fact! Mr. Rod Blagojevich is about as anti-recreation as we can get. Virtually every bill put on his desk that had a positive impact on motorized recreation was Vetoed. Fortunately, we have legislators in this state that don't see eye to eye with the Governor and have overturned some of his vetoes. One example of this would be changing the allocation of funds in the recreational trails fund from 60% to 92% going towards motorized recreation. While this doesn't directly affect us at the present time, it could in the future. Some of the bills being worked on that do have an impact on us are
1) allowing the DNR to use funds from the Recreational Trails Fund for creating trails on DNR managed land.
2) Fixing the landowner liability law that was overturned by the Supreme Court. At the present time, liability is high for landowners that let people use their land for recreation. The old law that limited their liability is no longer in effect. These are just two examples of numerous others that we must show our support for as a group. We currently have two people involved with ILFWDA that look for and follow upcoming bills that affect us.

We simply cannot ignore Springfield.

Another point of having Stormin' is to bring some unity among Four Wheelers within our state. To be effective in any endeavors that pertain to dealing with the state, we must show unity and have a strong voice for the Four Wheel Drive community within our state. This cannot happen if people keep acting as individuals and not as part of a group. As the old saying goes, "There is strength in numbers!" By being united and having strong member backing, we can have a say in what happens to the bills that impact us. We can only provide a means for this to happen. The rest is up to the people that enjoy using their vehicles off-road. This event is for anyone who has an interest in off-roading. You do not have to be a member of ILFWDA to join us for this event, but we hope that it will show non-members the need to be united.

I hope we can count on your support and attendance for Stormin' Springfield on April 8, 2005. We ask that everyone RSVP for this event on our website at www.ilfwda.org. For those people that do RSVP, you will receive a free t-shirt for attending. If you do not RSVP, we cannot guarantee that there will be enough shirts to go around. Another reason for the RSVP is to get a head count for the party afterwards, so please do!

Last edited:
Back