• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any of you guys in Eastern Iowa

I am a few hours from there, like 3 I think. Collin (BIGSLVRXJ)and Dustin (Comancheon33) are in Des Moines and I think 97XJeeper (I think that is his handle on here) is in SE Iowa. We have a few meet and greets a year in the Des Moines area. Believe it or not, there is actually some decent wheeling in these parts is your not afraid to drive a few hours.

DSM for me too. We have some nice wheeling within a few hours of Iowa City. Check out: miobi.org(my club), jocci.org(jeeps only), ia4wdc.org(politics) just to name a few clubs, if you have any more ?s feel free to ask...andy...miobi.org

I am a few hours from there, like 3 I think. Collin (BIGSLVRXJ)and Dustin (Comancheon33) are in Des Moines and I think 97XJeeper (I think that is his handle on here) is in SE Iowa. We have a few meet and greets a year in the Des Moines area. Believe it or not, there is actually some decent wheeling in these parts is your not afraid to drive a few hours.

There are a few of us around the immediate Des Moines area none really by Iowa City per se. Tyler covered most of the bases, here is the most complete list I can think of...

Collin (BIGSLVRXJ)-Des Moines
Coleman (jeepman75)-Des Moines
Andy (et89xj)-Des Moines
Brian (bpm4x4)-Norwalk
Dustin (comancheon33)-Casey
Michael (nick86)-Mason City
Carl (97XJeeper)-Burlington (which is far SE Iowa)
AJ (of AJ's Offroad Armor)-Lamont (which is NE Iowa)

and then non-NAXJA members but also lifted XJ drivers in Des Moines...
Paul
AJ

Pardon if I bautched anyone's user names, they're pretty close though. Let us know when you get here, we'll have to do a Meet and Greet. Welcome to your future NAXJA home.

-Collin

There are a few of us around the immediate Des Moines area none really by Iowa City per se. Tyler covered most of the bases, here is the most complete list I can think of...

Collin (BIGSLVRXJ)-Des Moines
Coleman (jeepman75)-Des Moines
Andy (et89xj)-Des Moines
Brian (bpm4x4)-Norwalk
Dustin (comancheon33)-Casey
Michael (nick86)-Mason City
Carl (97XJeeper)-Burlington (which is far SE Iowa)
AJ (of AJ's Offroad Armor)-Lamont (which is NE Iowa)

and then non-NAXJA members but also lifted XJ drivers in Des Moines...
Paul
AJ

Pardon if I bautched anyone's user names, they're pretty close though. Let us know when you get here, we'll have to do a Meet and Greet. Welcome to your future NAXJA home.

-Collin
That's a pretty good list there Collin.

When are you moving to this great state(OP)?

I'm driving the XJ out now.
Stopped in Flagstaff last night.
Should be in IC late Mon or Tue morning.
Gotta find a place to live.
Then fly back to Cali, rent a Uhaul then drive back again.
i grew up in West Liberty and it's time for me to come back home

Thanks for all the info.
I didn't realize there is actually wheeling in IA

Last edited:
If you get the chance, come to MIOBI's Toys-4-Tots run the 4th weekend of Oct(check out miobi.org for more details or pm me) its a great time for an even Greater cause. Hook up with me on the trails an I'll show you how us iowa boys wheel!(Gave SMORR a miobi/cyndicit(sp??) showing this past weekend for the TLCA event).

OH and Welcome Home!...andy...miobi.org

I am in State Center. its between ames and marshalltown

I didn't realize there is actually wheeling in IA
There is not!
SHHHHH! Don't tell everyone!!!
But yes, Collin had it right I'm in Burlington, and there really is no place to wheel around here.

Last edited:
..... I don't know what my computer is doing here?????? :D

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back