• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any middle IL people????

matt4wheels

NAXJA Forum User
I'm curious if there's anyone around the peoria, IL area or even a 100 radius? I've recently moved here from TN and I'm trying to get the low down on 4x4 activity in my area. I've had a lot of offroad toys but my move to IL required me to travel real light. It didn't take long though before I couldn't resist making another toy purchase. I'm going to build a 1992 2wd comanche(soon to be 4x4) that I picked up. So......are there any offroad shops in middle IL? Are there any good junkyards?

Not really central IL, but I'm in Flora.
Pull up a chair and hang out for a while. Good bunch here.
:wave:

Hale

Not sure how far away it is, but I am part of Two Rivers Jeep Club out of Pittsfield, IL. There are a lot of links on there for shops and other products (trjc.com). Can also take a look at The Cliffs, Insane Terrain website. Hopefully that will help you out some.

Thanks guys. In consideration for my build, what kind of terrain do you guys usually see out here? I don't know if I should just keep it simple with 33's or go for 35/36s. I know there's a big difference in set-up to fit the bigger tires. I'm use to playing on the rocks so this MJ is getting a stout pair of axle regardless of tire size. I've picked up a D44 for the front so I'm not worried about breakage with 35/36s.

Back