• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any experience with 31/10.50R15 GUARD DOG M/T

There was a thread about recaps..Last year i think..I know i would run them and i live in the low desert in CA..Summer time it gets around 110 most days

I've run three sets of retreads from treadwright. I would do so, and WILL likely do so in the near future, again.

- balances easily/very true
- tough tread compound
- mine were on vehicles for upwards of 20k miles and i saw no
Funky wear charactoristics at all.
- ships very fast from s. Dakota
- price can't be beat
-you can chose the casing(bfg, goodyears,etc)

I ran them for about 3 years, the sidewalls were rotting from the Jeep sitting before I wore the tread out, but they were great tires.

Drove them from Simi to Utah and back, wheeled all over So Cal, never let me down, great value... a bit loud but what Mud Tire isn't? When I bought from them they were called "Hi-Tech Retreads"

Why is that a problem?

he didn't say that was a problem. he stated a fact based on the website link. :banghead:

moving on...

Ive never ran retreads before but those are pretty attractive prices. So i've got no experience with them. Ive always wondered what other experiences have been as well.

he didn't say that was a problem. he stated a fact based on the website link. :banghead:

moving on...
Settle down, Francis... I missed a comma. :passgas: Should have read, "Why, is that a problem?" Implying that running retreads on the trail is or isn't an issue.

For what it's worth, I'm on my third year driving on Treadwright's A/T tire, somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k miles. I still have over half the tread depth on them (11/32" as of last month). They've served me very well, taking me all over Montana and Idaho. I've run them all day aired down to 12psi with no issues. They balanced with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of tires from them. Very hard to beat the value.

i've been researching/pondering this for quite awhile. i've decided to order those myself, probably in a 31" for now. i'll be ordering within the next week or so. if this thread is still active, i'll throw up some pics and my first impressions.
These tires seem like a great deal. I have never heard of them though.
Any body ever use these, what are your recommendation?

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/product/tabid/61/productid/12/sename/311050r15-guard-dog-mt.aspx

If you order treadwrights, request matching cases. Got 3000 miles on the AT version, balanced easy and no complaints

When I bought mine they didn't have matching cases available, so they knocked $50 off the price. Fine by me!

I ran treadwrights on my old rig. good quality at an even better price. I'd run them again if I was in a pinch for cash.

if they offered something bigger than the 31/10.50 in the 15"wheel size, id try them for sure. i called and they are no longer going to keep the 15" sizes. too hard to find the cases for them.

For what it's worth, I'm on my third year driving on Treadwright's A/T tire, somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k miles. I still have over half the tread depth on them (11/32" as of last month). They've served me very well, taking me all over Montana and Idaho. I've run them all day aired down to 12psi with no issues. They balanced with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of tires from them. Very hard to beat the value.
Same, only a couple thousand on mine though. Running 285/75r16s (33x11.5 or so) - they balanced well except for one, and that was because of a flaky Cragar.

If you order treadwrights, request matching cases. Got 3000 miles on the AT version, balanced easy and no complaints
Forgot to request matching carcasses when I put my order in and got them anyways :thumbup:

My only complaint on their ATs is that they hydroplane scarily well. I'm pretty sure I will never hydrolock if I hit the water at about 50 or above because my XJ likes to pretend it is Jesus with these tires on it. I've hydroplaned briefly on less than an inch of water on the side of the highway doing ~50mph before. Haven't tried their MTs yet, hopefully the more open tread pattern clears water better.

Still... can't beat $550 shipped for 33s.

Back