• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another tire thread

A good tire can get you places a bad tire can't ... BUT a bad DRIVER can get stuck with the best tire. Tires are merely a part of the equasion. I have seen good drivers with Toyo ATs get places a bad driver with swampers couldn't get.

Get the point :D

IXNAYXJ said:
Thanks for the shattering insight.

-----Matt-----

At least one in ever bunch :looser:

mikegronholz said:
A good tire can get you places a bad tire can't ... BUT a bad DRIVER can get stuck with the best tire. Tires are merely a part of the equasion. I have seen good drivers with Toyo ATs get places a bad driver with swampers couldn't get.

Get the point :D

I'm impressed, you know all that from having a XJ for all of 4 weeks.
:roflmao:

Sean

90exjay said:
I'm impressed, you know all that from having a XJ for all of 4 weeks.
:roflmao:

Sean

Ah it starts ... some of you think the olny off roading is done by XJs. I have plenty of experience outside of XJs ... So gang up on me, beat me down and screw off :rolleyes:

mikegronholz said:
Ah it starts ... some of you think the olny off roading is done by XJs. I have plenty of experience outside of XJs ... So gang up on me, beat me down and screw off :rolleyes:
Ha Ha, well are wheeling experience is in OUR neck of the woods, where full size vehicles don't fit most of our trails.Which is why when we recommend tires to someone in our area, they are for our terrain not any where else.

Sean

90exjay said:
Ha Ha, well are wheeling experience is in OUR neck of the woods, where full size vehicles don't fit most of our trails.Which is why when we recommend tires to someone in our area, they are for our terrain not any where else.

Sean

Then for the record, most of my experiences are in CJs and scramblers as pure hunting vehicles ... muddy trails, inclines, the whole batch. I would never inply I know anything about rock crawling (other than as a spotter for my neighbor). He loves MTRS, I hate them for my use. I have said many many times that my XJ is primarily for hunting and getting to my spots. I and many hunting partners swear by the Toyos ... heavey sidewalls, great traction and on the slick rocks encountered on the trails and in streams they hold great.

mikegronholz said:
Then for the record, most of my experiences are in CJs and scramblers as pure hunting vehicles ... muddy trails, inclines, the whole batch. I would never inply I know anything about rock crawling (other than as a spotter for my neighbor). He loves MTRS, I hate them for my use. I have said many many times that my XJ is primarily for hunting and getting to my spots. I and many hunting partners swear by the Toyos ... heavey sidewalls, great traction and on the slick rocks encountered on the trails and in streams they hold great.

Now that is an execellant statement.:D

Sean

ECKSJAY said:
lolz, this will NOT end well

:popcorn:

watching hijacked threads is fun even when it's your own hijacked thread

I'm cornfused what exactly is the argument again?

Back on topic,Whats so special about PNW tires?
What makes a PNW tire a PNW tire?
Crap wrong thread.:doh:

Has any one here run Trxus?
Are they any good?
Hows the sidewall?

:confused1
popcorn.gif

edit: for teh popcorn

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Wow. Huh? FWIW, I've had to tow more rigs out of mud with Toyo's than every other tire combined. Not so impressed.

-----Matt-----

Yeah, but weren't they all Toyota's? That doesn't count!

Actually, I still think they're decent PNW tires. Mine have been great for me. However, last time I checked, they had gone up in price a little. I may try something different when they're worn out.

Are we done with this tire crap yet?

Back