• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MWC wheeling trip Labor day weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to come, but it makes me nervous wheeling this far away without a tow rig.

I did it for a long time. Hardest part is not letting peer pressure to do an obstacle get to you :D

I drove my 91 XJ to Tellico and back, wheeling Livingston, KY and Slade, KY along the way.

I would love to come, but it makes me nervous wheeling this far away without a tow rig.

I drove mine and its nothing special. Did fantastic the whole time. The hottest it got climbing the mountain was 224. Just make sure everything is in good shape. You'll have fun even riding the main trails and watching Brian and Craig.

I'm curious now, what happend with the truck?

It won't start when its hot. He killed it at a light and Brad had to unhook his trailer and pull Craig to DQ.

I'm curious now, what happend with the truck?

High pressure oil pump, same thing happened to Josh's 250 on the way back from Moab. Doesn't get enough oil pressure for the ECM to fuel the motor unless it's cold oil

I did it for a long time. Hardest part is not letting peer pressure to do an obstacle get to you :D

I drove my 91 XJ to Tellico and back, wheeling Livingston, KY and Slade, KY along the way.

Yes, I drove my junk all over the east coast. If you go just have one mantra
"I have to drive it back"
I bypassed a good number of obstacles in Tellico, not because I didn't think we could do them, but because I thought they'd risk drive train damage too much.
"I have to drive it back"

You can still go and have a good time, wheel the easy stuff and watch on the hard. The MJ did drive there and back for 4 years, and the first trip out after trailering it I hosed up way more stuff than I ever broke when I drove it to the trails, simply because I didn't care. Exercise some caution and you'll make it no problem.

Don't be scared to drive it. I done it several times as well. Like Byron said, just don't let peer pressure get the best of you..........and if it does, just be cautious and remember that you're driving it home. Don't let that stop you from going though. It's been done alot of times with success.

I'm in.... If the work schedule premits. I'm actually on vacation the 6th -10th. Going to try to get it switched.

Brian ,are you planning on arriving on thursday the 9-2 and leaving on sunday the 5th??

Looks like Patty will not make this trip..So,I plan on camping too.

Nick

What happened to the Whambulance?

That is my friends. I hate mooching off him too much. He uses it for his business (he's a mechanic) so I always feel obligated to pay him for anything he helps me with.

I'm in.... If the work schedule premits. I'm actually on vacation the 6th -10th. Going to try to get it switched.

Brian ,are you planning on arriving on thursday the 9-2 and leaving on sunday the 5th??

Looks like Patty will not make this trip..So,I plan on camping too.

Nick

Looks like I screwed up big time on this one, UOFL's opening game is on the fourth.......

So there are two options, we pick another date or I wheel on Friday only..........

Yeah because thats as important as wheeling! :rolleyes: :D

That is my friends. I hate mooching off him too much. He uses it for his business (he's a mechanic) so I always feel obligated to pay him for anything he helps me with.
Oh, I gotcha.........I think I'd feel the same way.
I thought it was yours.

Well........ I am still flexible on the date! Just let me know!!

Do you mean U of L??? Football??? took me a sec to realize that might be the Cards! :puke:
BTW, GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go a week sooner, I will be there August 27th till Sunday with a group, There will probably be a ton of people there on Laborday weekend anyways, place will be like a parking lot

Although I just found out he bought a zj trail rig today so if I can talk him into going and it is at least street legal. We could just tow the one home thats not broke as long as we don't break both of them.

Although I just found out he bought a zj trail rig today so if I can talk him into going and it is at least street legal. We could just tow the one home thats not broke as long as we don't break both of them.

If you follow hobag through lions den or upper damnation you'll break them. Then again if you drive it there you will look at them and not even attempt it!

Looks like I screwed up big time on this one, UOFL's opening game is on the fourth.......

So there are two options, we pick another date or I wheel on Friday only..........

Just my two cents, pick another date... I like thursday 9-9 to sunday 9-12 since I'm on vacation.:)

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back