• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MJ build thread ...

I already have a set or LCAs. just need to grab them. Also got a line on second set of adjustable so I will have 2 sets...

Full set of adjustables? What brand/condition?

Full set of adjustables? What brand/condition?

Skippers fixed LCAs and then I grabbed some adjustable rock Krawlers double adjustable - from Tommy on here

But they need bushings. I ordered bushings but they are like 2 weeks out so ill run skippers for now once I get them . Skippers are rough country?

My project MJ already has some custom fixed LCA's, It will be 2WD for meow, so not of huge importance. But maybe some adjustable UCA if you have a spare set?

I don't have any spare Adjustable UCAs- I had to get these off CL. the uppers are Rough country adjustable uppers. Kinda janky, but for 40$ I can complain. I tightened up the flex joint and greased the hell out of them

Thanks Thomas!

Getting really jealous of all you fools with mjs. I dont know if i could add a fourth jeep to the sable and still be married though.

I may be getting rid of my MJ with no powertrain, got anything to trade? Haha.
Interior is mostly pulled out, could make for a nice 97-up conversion.

The original one in my build thread. Won't have a bed on it tho, unless you want to buy the utility bed.

Comanche is getting sliders , bumpers and a cage .

Belly pan , steering box brace, and trackbar bar are on- thing steers way better with all 3 mods added, it was noticeable going to work today.

Used the plasma and the new welder. It takes time getting used to the heat of the 220V since I'm used to using the 110v lincoln on full voltage all the time, its nice using a machine without maxing out the voltage constantly and actually being able to run higher wire speed and still get good penetration.

That being said, I miss using the 110v and prefer it for this kind of stuff. But I need to get used to the hobart. It is a nice machine thats for sure.

Used the plasma to cut out the ends in one piece

Its going to be a little while before I get used to this machine:

going to be using probably 5- maybe more- legs made of 1x2 .120 rectangular tubing to tie the super long sliders into the frame.

76" long sliders accounting for bringing them in about an inch or two from the already cut out wheel wells- only got one done tonight:

Last edited:
the cuts can be cleaner too. Sometimes they are clean, sometimes they are all full of slag.

Sliders, LCA skids, and rear pass side fender trimming are all done.

Next on the list:
Wire CB,
light bar,
make some rear bump stop extensions

got a 4th vice, cheap little HF 4" to hold crap side ways while I cut it with the Plasma:
LCA skids out of an old leaf plate:

pinch seam bolts

Looking good jon. You never hesitate to get to building your vehicles.

Thanks Chris.
I feel like I've done in 2 months what would normally take like 2 years at a gradual upgrade here and there pace for most. So I am stoked. Just trying to get up to the top of the parts Ramp curve asap, and then just leave the MJ alone for a long time (until I buy 4.88s and grizzlys or selectable for it) and just focus on the XJ projects.

Back