• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Big Bear Run (9-23-12)

I was up there last weekend and the weather was perfect. If anyone is planning on going up before the weekend, Hwys 330 & 38 are closed during certain times.
http://kbhr933.com/weather-roads/big-bear-roads/

Are you meeting at the Dennys in Big Bear Lake?

Yeah Dennys on Big Bear Blvd in Big Bear City. Were are all meeting there by 8am... leaving by 8:30am.
Get gas BEFORE u get to Dennys (Vallero on Big bear blvd is cheap)

I think i will take the easier road and go up the 38 since it will dump me right in big bear city... i wonder if they will have construction at 7am on the highway.

If i could get a Roll Call for the people meeting Sunday morning for Gold Mountain that would be great. Looking forward to meet some new Jeepers.

Sunday run Roll Call:
Brandon77

Sunday run Roll Call:
Brandon77
JohnX
Garrett83

I am only wheeling half day, but plan to do some of the harder off shoots on this trip. I will be there Saturday doing harder trails, I believe Boss will be there Saturday as well, not sure who else. But might as well do a Saturday roll call as well. I will e camping Friday night and saturday night a well for anyone that wants to join. Will be yellow post camping.

Saturday Night for sure I think just hit Holcomb cause they have a host full time. I talk to a Ranger at the Discovery Center he said the Adventure pass is still needed if you stay at a YP but not at the Campground your fee includes the Adventure pass. 5.00 no security vs. 14.00 at the camp with the host ???

At Gold Mountain. Where are you guys? Lol

We're over here where are you? LOL Garett has the vid he said he'd post up soon! Also the nephew did pretty well driving! I asked him if he needed time while we got the Yota down if he wanted to check his shorts!! He laughed with a nervous but accomplished smirk!

Holy cow what a good weekend of wheeling. I couldn't have asked for a better send off for my rigs last outing before getting chopped up.

I did suffer a little carnage today tho....
3AD72DAB-CF6F-4373-8809-2ABD1EBF4E4E-5341-000003A7272AE272_zps2d1c3d68.jpg

6 years of wheeling this jeep an it finally happened!! All it took was one trip down dishpan!!

Couldn't have asked for a better group both days. I really appreciate it guys.

Had a great time, I'll get some videos up tonight. My only carnage was a toasted front driveshaft. My nephew Ian did it on that last drop off, we didn't notice til we got on some asphalt. Made it to the trailer after hammering a cap back in place.

Holy cow what a good weekend of wheeling. I couldn't have asked for a better send off for my rigs last outing before getting chopped up.

I did suffer a little carnage today tho....
3AD72DAB-CF6F-4373-8809-2ABD1EBF4E4E-5341-000003A7272AE272_zps2d1c3d68.jpg

6 years of wheeling this jeep an it finally happened!! All it took was one trip down dishpan!!

Couldn't have asked for a better group both days. I really appreciate it guys.

Had a great tilme too. Sat. Nite camp was hillarius trying to keep Yota Glenn from falling into the fire.

Back