• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Swamp Lake Trail run July 15-17

BrettM said:
according to who? there are several people here that are very JV experienced that disagree.

Then let those who disagree post about it..............

Goatman

I'm hoping to make this trip but the wife is expecting in mid Sept. and since our first child came 2 months early that puts me at home and you all in the Sierras. Depending on how everthing looks approaching the run I may make a decision to jump in. I have always wanted to run this area of CA.

Brian T.

p.s. If anyone has any pull upstairs it would be really great for my wife to go full term this time around... plus I could go wheeling. :D

I'm in assuming I don't kill the XJ in Shredder Canyon this weekend OR the Rubicon the end of June.

I am trying to come up with creative ways of getting Richard back for those snow balls up on John Bull :laugh3:

-Cracker

Recommended trail spares?

Running 33's, 4.88's d30 w/stock steering and d44 w/ Detroit locker

karstic said:
Recommended trail spares?

Running 33's, 4.88's d30 w/stock steering and d44 w/ Detroit locker

Well, spare front axles are always a good idea, and steering linkage if you run stock steering. From there it's the usual fluids and electronic parts, and whatever you're comfortable with. This trail isn't particularly hard on equipment, but there always seems to be a few trail repairs.

One of the nice things about a big XJ run like this is that someone always seems to have what's needed.

Thanks Richard...

Yeah I'll have a few spare beers also.

I got a question.

Is this an out and back run or point-to point?

Just curious.

karstic said:
I got a question.

Is this an out and back run or point-to point?

Just curious.

It's a loop, the trail itself is 12-14 miles long. We start at one end of the trail, camp roughly halfway through, then finish at the other end of the trail. On our way out, we do come back by where we'll camp on Thursday evening.

Back