• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Always set your parking brake!!

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
So last night all of my friends and I were going off roading at the local spot, We were stopped at the local am pm so my bro could hook up my friends lights. My other friend Tommy was sitting in my Jeep as I was watching my bro. Tommy started playing with my police siren and PA. I looked back and he had shifted my Jeep into neutral and it was rolling. He tried putting it into park but it just made a horrible clicking noise. I couldn't reach the brake as i was running after my Jeep and it rolled down the parking lot, through a little car dealerships fence and high centered itself on the wall/curb. I got in, shifted it into 4low and crawled out. The gas station guy came and got my crap which pissed me off cause My friend and I were able to pull the fence back up and fix it. The fence was already falling down anyways. I gave them my cell and I'm waiting to see what they are gonna do.

fricking sucks. I punched my hood and put a nice dent in it. Its gonna give tommy some dent removal practice

WOW! :twak:

I am glad no one got hurt and that your Jeep did not hit anything else.

You should call the dealership and tell them yourself. If the fence was repaired and you admitted to it, and it was an accident, they may just say THANKS!

Good luck!

Last edited:
if its a stick, you should always set your parking brake. Not required for the aw4 but if you've got someone playing around in the drivers seat, yes, set it.

It happened at 8:30 so the dealership was closed and theres no number on the sign. Its like a little corner lot crap dealership.

That Tommy guy sure dont know nuthin about Jeeps, putting it in neutral....but he sure plays a mean pinball. :)

Blazair said:
That Tommy ....but he sure plays a mean pinball. :)

I hear he's a wizard......

:music: :guitar:

now that song is stuck in my head.....

Don't you have to push the brake to shift from park to neutral? I know in my 2000 you have to have the key in the run position and the brake pressed.

Kris

My Buddy and i went up there and Personally fixed the fence. I got a fence post from my friends backyard, walked across the street, bought a bag of quickcrete and dug a hole, and fixed the fence. The guy was really chill, He was closing and just wanted the fence straight for the land lord. He was quoted at $650 from a fence company, I fixed it for $10.08

good to see honesty and willingness to correct the problem. Most ppl wouldnt give a flying buck. hats off to ya

Back