• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

almost 500 hp NA 2.5

I knew a guy once who was running a stock chevy 700ci engine. It was in a truck of course. Never could get him to let me see that engine, hmm... Things that make you scratch your chin.

So, from scanning the threads this motor is a
"far from stock" AMC 2.5"
11.5:1 compression
twin turbo

Impressive, engine designers can learn a thing or two from this guy!

hahaha we had the same thing go on our dyno runs we had a hot rod day and were offering $25 dyno pulls. One guy came in with a pro charge 5.0 mustang did 3 runs and came out 200 hp less then what the previous dyno shop quoted him on, needless to say the guy was pissed especially in front of a crowd. We told him if you want those numbers its as easy as a couple clicks on the good old computer and you can get your desired readings.....the point to his story is i don't believe the guy at all...and taking it to his buddies speed shop does not do it justice...

ya know what i can't wait to see is someone posting in the Craigslist thread of "some guys rig" boasting he has a 2.5L cherokee bored to a 3.0 pulling 400hp and 500ft lbs bahah

Back