• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy Usa vs. Superior Gear

Rick XTRM XJ said:
Like this?????
standard.jpg
I'm too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my hat. What do you think about that... & I do a little turn on the cat walk...

Thanks for all the replies, I probably won't go as extreme as post #12 but would like to do Prichett Canyon and Behind the Rocks. I know anything and everything can break at one time or another. I just found a pretty good price on the Alloy Usa and at the time have never heard of the company. Thanks again!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's because one is made in the good ol USA, and the other isn't.

VegasAnthony said:
so Ive been looking at both of these axles and this is what I came up with ..if they are close to the same why the big price diffrence ..or am I missing something

SUPERIOR

alloy usa

Looks like first you are missing the fact that the Alloy price is for a set of inners and outters and a pair of 5-760 joints while the superior price is for just one side and it doesn't list a joint or whether that's just the price for the inner alone. The pic indicates (1) inner, (1) outter, and (1) unnamed joint.

HTH

OneTonXJ said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's because one is made in the good ol USA, and the other isn't.

That's a good one. :gag:

Dirk Pitt said:
Looks like first you are missing the fact that the Alloy price is for a set of inners and outters and a pair of 5-760 joints while the superior price is for just one side and it doesn't list a joint or whether that's just the price for the inner alone. The pic indicates (1) inner, (1) outter, and (1) unnamed joint.

HTH

What he said.................................

-Mike

Last edited:
Dirk Pitt said:

HTH

dUHHHH
Now that Im awake I see it..

called em up and yes they do come with u joints not the upgrade just regular 297's

so ya figure

$440 for the set vs $600 for the USA ALLOYS

VegasAnthony said:
dUHHHH
Now that Im awake I see it..

called em up and yes they do come with u joints not the upgrade just regular 297's

so ya figure

$440 for the set vs $600 for the USA ALLOYS

It's still not the ideal package.

If you are going to get alloy shafts, you will want a good u-joint like CTM, Jantz, or JE Reel waterproof.

If you break the stock joint, most likely you will break any alloy shaft, or at least deform the ear.

HTH

OneTonXJ said:

American Made
_1858112_fordstop-ford300.jpg

Chinese Made
Factory.jpg

What would you buy?

:us:

Dirk Pitt said:
It's still not the ideal package.

If you are going to get alloy shafts, you will want a good u-joint like CTM, Jantz, or JE Reel waterproof.

If you break the stock joint, most likely you will break any alloy shaft, or at least deform the ear.

HTH

Yea I have read that also..defintly going with JE Reel or Jantz,,I talked to randys and they said they will replace the yukons underwarranty no questions asked..then again Idont want to have to send em in ..

but then ya have casue and effect ..in a turdy thirty if I beef up the axles to alloys then get HD u joints then my weak point is the ring and pinion ..

I know im opening a can of worms here ..
I suprised no one has played the D44 upgrade card..
So then
HP D44 FF with lockouts , chromos , and CTM's right......
screw it
how bout a pair of D60's 39" Iroks and be done with it.. :)

just wandering there..
looks like Ill upgrade my 30 with chromos run 35's and skip the D44 .....
when Im ready will jump to the D60

Back