• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air for the ARB

Flowers

NAXJA Forum User
What are my options other than an ARB compressor?

Think light weight, minimal HP loss.

Thank You,

Flowers

co2 bottles work well. they are versatile as well.

if you use the co2 youll need a small expansion tank before the line that runs to the solenoid. this will let the gas warm up some before it goes to the locker, and will prevent some of the problems with the o-rings you might have heard of when using co2.

thats light, no hp loss, and easy.

Plantation owners don't do their own work, duh. You need another iced tea sir?

Are you married?

I sunk my XJ this spring (on the wife's side, seat- deep and sinking LOL) and I tell you what, she is the best source of OBA I have ever found. We had Full Airbag Deployment goin on there till I found something fun for her to do instead of bellow.

How tight are the things? :dunno: Tight enough that a good bicycle pump can keep it locked up for the obstacles? Does it require reverse pressure to unlock em fully??? Sure to be more peaceful than a 12vDC pump firing off, and a LOT more frugal.

Follow up thoughts... (from someone with no clue about ARB functional requirements)

I can't imagine it requiring a whole lot of volume to engage one...some pressure, yes. Maybe add a small tank (purged propane torch cyl?) to the hand pump.

If you are crafty, wire the switch to activate a LED/buzzer that will alarm when line pressure has dropped to whatever min spec is for the diff. (time to stroke, or kill the switch and do what ya gotta in open-diff mode)

Of course for all the cheapness, this does not one bit of help if ya gotta do tire service or other volumiferous chores.

Or you could drop one cylinder into an air stealer hose... ya don't need air for the diff if the Jeep isn't running do ya? That solves the airing up tires dillema...

How long the diff seals like fuel/air mix is a mystery...and venting it off through wherever it is that ARBs vent is another sore point...

Back to the drawing board...

Go Woody Go!!!

Back