• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket steering?????

I do smell spam. first post too.

Has anyone any experience with the Clayton set-up? Miles, trails run, etc.? Looks good, trustworthy vendor, but data rules. I'm just now having to replace a stock pitman draglink end after 50k lifted, highway and trailcrawling miles. The aftermarket trackbars have been replaced 3 times , while the steering(stock draglink, JKS tierod with stock new style ends) just now needs a tierod end. I've only been on 33's for 4 years, I suspect on 31's, I wouldn't have to replace that end.

Curious minds want to know.

Has anyone any experience with the Clayton set-up? Miles, trails run, etc.? Looks good, trustworthy vendor, but data rules. I'm just now having to replace a stock pitman draglink end after 50k lifted, highway and trailcrawling miles. The aftermarket trackbars have been replaced 3 times , while the steering(stock draglink, JKS tierod with stock new style ends) just now needs a tierod end. I've only been on 33's for 4 years, I suspect on 31's, I wouldn't have to replace that end.

Curious minds want to know.

Tons of guys have be running the WJ steering setup on XJs for a long time. Long enough to have JKS make a bunch of parts for the swap. There are a few writeups on this site documenting the swap.

Clayton just puts all the parts together in one spot to make it really easy for you to buy and install instead of scouring the internet to make sure you have the right parts, then finding them all in a junkyard or whatever.

Search for XJEEPER (I think) and at least one other guy has a great writeup.

Last edited:
Sweet. Already have over the knuckle on the driver's side. D30 I bought came with the mod. Should still bolt up, eh?

Thanks.

You will need to move the sway bar mounts if yours aren't moved already

I run the currie steering with over the knuckle on the driver side. I do have a slight bend in my tierod. But it hasn't affected function at all. Got my kit second hand and it rocks.

Back