• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advice for installing ss brake lines

You should get new washers. They may leak they may not. 3/8" flare nut wrench. Try to get a double sided with 5/16" at the other end, the factory connection should be 3/8". Any auto store or Sears would have it.

WELP!...

installed them today....didnt get to do the rearbut got the front all finished up..
tried the pb blaster.....OVER AND OVER with a flare end wrench and ended up havin to use the ol vise grips.......there is definately a finess way you need to use the vise grips to keep from jackin up that fitting.....took a lil patience and some odd use of muscle but i got em off and got the new ones on

as well as the 2'' budget boost....LCAs, adj trac bar i got my tkh fab bumper on there the other day finally as well..

i will post pics later........thanks for all the help and advice.........it helped out more than you know....

later :us:

jeepinairman said:
WELP!...

installed them today....didnt get to do the rearbut got the front all finished up..
tried the pb blaster.....OVER AND OVER with a flare end wrench and ended up havin to use the ol vise grips.......there is definately a finess way you need to use the vise grips to keep from jackin up that fitting.....took a lil patience and some odd use of muscle but i got em off and got the new ones on

as well as the 2'' budget boost....LCAs, adj trac bar i got my tkh fab bumper on there the other day finally as well..

i will post pics later........thanks for all the help and advice.........it helped out more than you know....

later :us:

i stand by my statement haha , glad you got em off

edit; its all about applying them the exact spot and the exact amount of pressure, once you get that down like i said vise grips work the best.

88rockxj said:
i stand by my statement haha , glad you got em off

edit; its all about applying them the exact spot and the exact amount of pressure, once you get that down like i said vise grips work the best.

agreed with the exact amount of pressure at the exact spot....like it said i tried the flare end wrench and it kept trying to round off the fitting..

i remember what you said about the vise grips and after a lil patience and ALOT of very precisley (mis) applied force i got them loose......

you really do HAVE to pay attention to what you are doing with the vise grips though....but if i have to ever do the fittings again........i am using the vise grips....

thanks again....

Ive had great luck with the liquid teflon (not teflon tape) on threads of any fluid line. It helps alot if you have older lines where the threads are a bit funky- it comes in a white jar with a brush- just put a bit on and spread it around the threads and let it dry for a bit. Works wonders.

jeepinairman said:
agreed with the exact amount of pressure at the exact spot....like it said i tried the flare end wrench and it kept trying to round off the fitting..

i remember what you said about the vise grips and after a lil patience and ALOT of very precisley (mis) applied force i got them loose......

you really do HAVE to pay attention to what you are doing with the vise grips though....but if i have to ever do the fittings again........i am using the vise grips....

thanks again....

almost nothing better then vise grips, espeacialy as i said on old fittings. i always carry vise grips in all my vehicles, along with duct tape and bailing wire .

Back