• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt A Trail Run February 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of splitting the group in two and coming in from both sides of the slide to have anchors for winching.

If you have recovery gear, snatch blocks, d-rings, tree straps, etc. bring it.

Thank you to Greg and Kelly Hoffman for getting the pictures for us.

I'm thinking of splitting the group in two and coming in from both sides of the slide to have anchors for winching.

Agreed.

If I can figure out how to secure my rock bar in the Jeep I'll bring it, not sure though since I won't have the M416 and I don't want that lethal thing bouncing around in there. Other than that I have one winch, some strap, a tree saver, and a snatch block.

So, I need to pack:

Cordless drill
Masonry Bits
Explosives
and Running Shoes?

Seriously Though, Do we just "roll" the slide farther downhill and off the trail, ro do we have to bust up the rock and haul it out?

Is anyone going up sat? I am on the fence about going, I have a jv run on sat but not sure if I would want to pay for A room or just camp the night.

I'm going up Saturday for a mountain day with Sebastian. We don't have lodging figured out yet but may have an option, otherwise I'm hoteling it.

So, I need to pack:

Cordless drill
Masonry Bits
Explosives
and Running Shoes?

Seriously Though, Do we just "roll" the slide farther downhill and off the trail, ro do we have to bust up the rock and haul it out?

Push/winch/move it off the side of the hill

huh. that looks like its going to be a challange.

i should fix my jeep. :)

If you have recovery gear, snatch blocks, d-rings, tree straps, etc. bring it.

Thank you to Greg and Kelly Hoffman for getting the pictures for us.

I have lots of D-Rings, heavy duty snatch blocks, Recovery Chains, and Straps, so I will bring all of that and bonus if there is one thing my truck is good for its being an anchor...

if there is one thing my truck is good for its being an anchor...

Don't sell your truck short man.

It's also good as a vessel to contain all those D Rings, chains, and snatch blocks.

Yes, I said his truck is great at hauling snatch blocks, what of it?

Don't sell your truck short man.

It's also good as a vessel to contain all those D Rings, chains, and snatch blocks.

Yes, I said his truck is great at hauling snatch blocks, what of it?

Oh, don't get me wrong it also holds ice chests and other implaments of destruction, and I've taken it places I probably shouldn't have before (odessa canyon is a bitch in a full size), but I would rather have my jeep, its funner and the roll cage lets me do dumber things than normal.

Anyone from SD going up there? I would like to go, but don't wanna drive.

Plus it would give me a chance to test out my new camera...

Any reason super bowl sunday was picked as the AAT day?

Also, aside from winching the rocks currently blocking the trail, is there a cohesive plan for what needs to be done?

Any reason super bowl sunday was picked as the AAT day?

Also, aside from winching the rocks currently blocking the trail, is there a cohesive plan for what needs to be done?

Primary focus of this run is to clear the rockslide and to assess what needs to be done during the rest of the year.

Anyone from SD going up there? I would like to go, but don't wanna drive.

Plus it would give me a chance to test out my new camera...
Tom, I'm planning on going up. I was thinking it was on Saturday and my daughter was going to come up with me, but I don't think she can on Sunday, as that's her volunteer day (1st Sun of the month) at church.

So as long as she's not coming up, I have a seat open & you're welcome to run up with me. Do you still have my phone #?

Carol

I'll have meeting details posted in the next day or so, still working out some details.

Meeting time: 930am
GPS Coords: 34°12'26.52"N 116°44'16.29"W

2N01 is 1.7 miles north of Onxy Summit. The turnout is on the north side of Hwy 38.

We will have a safety tailgate meeting and split into two groups. One will head in from 2N01, the other group will head down Highway 38 and in on 2N04.

Please bring heavy work gloves, sturdy shoes (no flip flops and canvas tennis shoes are frowned upon) and eye protection, hard hat (if you own one).

Don't forget sunscreen, lip protection, plenty of water and food, bug repellent.

Tools
  • Rock bar/digging bar
  • Pick
  • Shovel
  • Recovery equipment (D-rings, chains, tree straps, snatch blocks)
  • Bottle jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back