• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

added some lights today

diabloxj said:
right now but i'm going to be adding a switch so i can turn them no when i want. but right now yes just back up.

Not to jump the thread, but I was adding lights to my hatch myself today. Same here. For now reverse lights only, but want to have them so I can also have them manually switched on. Is this possible? is there anything special that needs to be done to have it work? I have a switch with relay that is dormant that I was thinking of using for them. [I've actually put in three stock switches/relays which work really well. The other two are being used right now, for fogs and secondary driving lights]

cykaaro said:
For now reverse lights only, but want to have them so I can also have them manually switched on. Is this possible? is there anything special that needs to be done to have it work? I have a switch with relay that is dormant that I was thinking of using for them. [I've actually put in three stock switches/relays which work really well. The other two are being used right now, for fogs and secondary driving lights]

JEONLYEP said:
I have a on-off-on switch that when in position on-1 all four lights come on when I'm in reverse.(upper and lower lights) when the switch is in off it's just the lower D.O.T. lights when in reverse. With the switch in position on-2 it's all four lights (whether I'm in reverse or not.)

Daryl

The same thing could be done with a regular switch and relay, to do just the reverse lights.

If you need some advice, send me a PM, and I could help you thru it.

Daryl

Last edited:
diabloxj- You mean you ran the wires down the liftgate visibly? Not through the liftgate where the others ran? All the wires that go into my liftgate are being used and I was having trouble figuring out how to run wiring into it for lights and the speakers. Think you could post some pics of your wiring?

Back