• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accomodations

I have a microwave and a fridge, but not a roof top AC, just a portable unit that is f'n huge. The heater is a small electrical unit and I can use the propane back up if I need to.

Cheese "and a nacho machine" Man

i got rid of/getting rid of anything propane.

everywhere i go there is electricity or we bring a generator...

mac 'we call my generator the "neighborhater 5500" 'gyvr

looks like I will have me a camper with a fridge but no heat/AC. I will just get a ceramic heater and an electric blanket and be just fine.

Flexd'to hell with tents'XJ

I sent an email to make a reservation at the campground but apparently they can't make them yet. This is the response I got.

I don't have a reservation book made up yet resend me that same email the beginning of February. Thanks

I guess I'll resend it in February. No matter, we'll be there even if we have to camp in a parking lot.:D

I was going to say that I have tried to make reservations in the past for the campground but they don't have a book ready for the next year until the feb before winterfest. Winterfest is the first weekend that they are open after the winter. The last weekend they are open is the first weekend in December for the T4T run.

It shouldn't be a problem as far as a site goes. You can put 4 people on one campsite with the cost for the campsite and then each additional person pays and can stay on the same site. They have also added more electric sites this summer so their will be plenty of room.

mac 'usually end up at the campground the first and last weekend they are open' gyvr

looks like I will have me a camper with a fridge but no heat/AC. I will just get a ceramic heater and an electric blanket and be just fine.

Flexd'to hell with tents'XJ

get a heated mattress pad and an electric space heater.
That should be enough.

BOB

get a heated mattress pad and an electric space heater.
That should be enough.

BOB

Thats what I'm doing. Duh BOB!!!! :D

Make sure you tell them why you are there!

Rev

I did in hopes that it would get me discount. :D

Hey it never hurts to try, right??

Ed, a link to the campground is below. I also added information for Hotel Attica as well as a few other places to stay. I used to stay at the Attica Inn but they have closed. Hotel Attica is an old historic (and haunted they claim) hotel and we stayed there last year and the only thing haunting me was too much booze from the campfire and bar! :D We will be staying in the campground this year in the stabbin cabin, er..I mean camper. :D As mentioned above, the pot luck, the fire and all teh fun happens in teh campground, we just bring our rigs to play in the Badlands to pass the time between the fires. :flame: :cheers: The Saturday night dinner/raffle will be held at the VFW which is on the west side of town on the main drag. Cant miss it, it is right across from McDonalds and has a tank out front. look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheese "its good to see other chapter members show up" Man

http://www.atticacamping.com/index.html

http://www.hotelattica.com/

The website for the campgrund says it opens up March 6th, does NAXJA have arrangements made for the event to use the campground prior to that ??

yeah, they open early for us. with the crowd that we draw it is a money maker for them :D

Yeah they Attica Family campground will open up for us!

I am pretty sure they will open for us

:D

FWIW, i emailed to reserve a spot at the Attica Camp and he responded saying i should reply in mid feb so they have it in the 2011 book.

Back