• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About to sell it after this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha thats funny but not really. The exact thing is happening to me. My shaft that holds in y spider gears is eating into the carrier. I'm lucky enough to have a complete 89 wagoneer sittin at home with 44's. Only problem is I have to convince the old man that he should sell it to me and not to someone who wont use it for what its made.

If you purchased a jeep and wheeled at one time or another, you WILL want to do it again.

Also just remeber what the JEEP means
Just Empty Every Pocket

My two cents is DON'T SELL IT. BUILD IT UP AND HAVE A BALL.

personally i snapped a shaft in my d35 on 33s with a lockrite in it, i was open front tried pushing up a rock and it hopped back a bit and boom. all 4 of my tires were touching rock so it was a matter of sudden traction. were it me in this case i would a) just swap in new spider gears myself from the jy or, b) get the lockrite that was offered for 150 and go with that so you dont have spider gears to blow. only downside of going to a locker is that you live in snow and rear lockers dont like snow so much, they make you lose traction easier

Wrong. Carrier break for an 8.25 is down in the 2.xx range.

I've seen plenty of busted D35s to make me never want to even own one, some of which happened on the street.

your right about the carrier break, my bad. its like 2.72 or thereabouts.

What have you seen break on a D35?

Ive seen lots and lots of spiders snap, not much else that wasnt deserved.

Last edited:
kastein, im not going to get into a pissing match with you. its tiring to constantly hear the comments from the "if your running a D30 or a D35, your retarded and your rig will self destruct" crowd.

have you ever PERSONNALLY compared 8.25 parts side by side with D35 parts?

Also, have you ever PERSONALLY run a D35 with a detroit limited slip on 33's?

Have You ever bent or seen a bent D35 under a rig that was running 33's with moderate offroad use?

THere isnt a "one size fits all" axle on the offroad world. my wifes wj works just fine with stock CV axle front end under it.

Oh, and your forgetting that he needs a 4.10 up carrier for the 8.25. thats another 100-150 bucks.

What if he wants to lock it up later? you wont get out for less than 600 bucks, and locker choices are limited at best. furthermore, he'll have to get his gears reset at that point, because there isnt a lock right style out there for a 27 spline 8.25.
I know firsthand of people who have blown up d35s:
215s, on the street. Unlocked iirc.
225s, on the street. Unlocked DD.
32s, on a gravel road doing a u turn, unlocked.

D35s suck ass. Defending them is a waste of time. Once they break, scrap and replace. Simply not worth repairing if it means a new r&p.. if it was just the spiders and no fragments chewed up the r&p I could be convinced since those are cheap and easy, but start saving up for a non crappy axle because it will break eventually.

As for have I broken one? Or run one? I have one under my mj, I already bought the replacement axle and am simply waiting for the bearings in the 35 to finish eating themselves before I replace it. Under a wheeling rig? Hell no I break enough things without asking for trouble running a known shitty axle till it blows up and leaves me finding a way to get the rig off the trail for the next few hours. To put it bluntly, "watching them suck under other people's rigs is enough for me to not run them."

Last edited:
not to get in the middle of ur guy's cat fight but arent 4.56s a little low for 33's. just asking. and yes d35s are weak links but if he can get a free one or close to free then it will get him around for now. i would not spend the money on a d35 but i would use one if i had to. my 89 has 180000 mi. on it and the d35 was still good when i sold it. i went to an 8.8 but i personally never blew up my 35 and i beat the living shit out of it. and im the type that likes to make jeeps fly. maybe i just got lucky. either bro dont sell ur jeep cuz ull kick urself in the ass later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back