• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Wrinkle in Time Part 2

I knew I liked you.

p003242.jpg

p003245.jpg

I run a 61 grill (mine was tweaked and I liked the 61 better).

Is yours factory or a conversion? First 3 digits of vin? Mine was a dealer conversion, I'm the third owner.

I've seen three, one for sale, one at a show, and oddly, I ran into another at an offroad event. Lets not sidetrack this thread.. I'm going to PM you. =)

I'm not nearly as old as you (32) but my first car was a '62 F100 4x4 with an I6. I still have it, have since 1992, have put about 75,000 miles on it and probably 10% of those are offroad. The trails aren't quite the same, but just looking at the pictures I can feel the 15" throw of the 4 on the floor shifter in my hand and start craving that truck all over.

The first thing I drove was my Dad's F350 flatbed... same feel. Unfortunately that Scout made it to the bottom of the American River Canyon and I was fortunate to walk away. I would kill for a picture of it.

I am going to say that this is an EPIC Jeep thread.

:thumbup:

Heck you can almost make your own Jeep commercial with those pics.

Hmmm....

Bump for the newbies. This is too classic to fall that far behind.
Thanks, Cal! I never saw this thread til you reposted it. Verrrrry cool. Great pix, Doc! And to think when I was a kid my folks were into Chevy sedans, not 4WDs...

what kind of pickup is that?
Good pics. It's crazy to think that we went from that to 40" tires.

I did not see where this was answered so here goes.

Another Alice Lake.
346895254%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3C8%3A%3D324%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3A844%3B39ot1lsi

If this is what you are asking about it is a Willy's truck. Nice shots enjoyed it. You should submit them to the mags. Vintage wheeling in JP is really kool.

Narrow road

hmmmm....non tech, off topic 'wrinkles in time'...yep could be the place. has any one ever seen this or know where it was taken.....seems like i saw something about it and more pics quite a few years ago...I think it might be an old Colorado mining road. Love to find out more about it and maybe more pics.

There was an article about that picture a while back, as well as a few different threads here.

At some point, someone claimed to have proved it was a photoshop job.

I believe that, too.

Yeah i remember it was an exacto knife type situation.

Re: Narrow road

I first saw this picture on a Warn poster inside of John's 4x4 shop in Boulder, CO.
It's still there today.
I aksed the owner (John Rush) about it, and he said that it was made in 1977, but he did not know any more about it.

My curiosity was peaked, so I wrote to Warn asking for more information about the picture.
On 8/18/05, I received this reply:

"Craig,

That was not an actual trail rather than just crafty placement of a vehicle on the side of a forest service road up in the North Cascades (Washington) assisted by some photo editing.

Todd Wright
Warn Technical Service Representative"

I asked him more about it, and was told about the use of the exacto knife to edit the photo.
It's actually two photos put together - the real trail is not that narrow.
He did not know the name of the trail - that is still a mystery.

Todd at Warn asked around, but there was apparently no one there who remembered exactly where the picture was taken.

Last edited:
Back