• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Wrinkle in Time Part 2

Re: Narrow road

I first saw this picture on a Warn poster inside of John's 4x4 shop in Boulder, CO.
It's still there today.
I aksed the owner (John Rush) about it, and he said that it was made in 1977, but he did not know any more about it.

My curiosity was peaked, so I wrote to Warn asking for more information about the picture.
On 8/18/05, I received this reply:

"Craig,

That was not an actual trail rather than just crafty placement of a vehicle on the side of a forest service road up in the North Cascades (Washington) assisted by some photo editing.

Todd Wright
Warn Technical Service Representative"

I asked him more about it, and was told about the use of the exacto knife to edit the photo.
It's actually two photos put together - the real trail is not that narrow.
He did not know the name of the trail - that is still a mystery.

Todd at Warn asked around, but there was apparently no one there who remembered exactly where the picture was taken.
Todd is a great guy. I called Warn to ask about the one piece axle thing to fix the old disconnect axle's and he told me it wasn't worth it and to get one from a junkyard and then gave me the part numbers for the seals I would need so that I wouldn't have to pay as much by ordering from them.

Back