• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A second xj

NorthCO

NAXJA Forum User
So I found this xj for my son, paid $4500 and now I want one of my own...

9793d7940d78bc4e48ed56ad3168a5fe.jpg

But all I can find are these expensive ones. One is about $9k and then I found one in Florida for about 9.5k. Am I crazy for wanting to spend this much?

4acfe81a3029bfd706687c544967b39e.jpg

8ab724796444b3822f0f90187fe5a5c7.jpg

Anyone think it's worth it or should I hold out for a deal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have some Swampers on deadlocks I need to get off to put the deadlocks on my big tires ...lol...they are date coded for 32nd week of 2000 ...should I hold onto them for a few more years and sell them as " antique classics"...like most cherokee owners think their nearly 20yr old. Xj are ?

Just bought a 2000 freedom. With a reman motor. Clean body. Interior was 7-8/10. But bone stock and clean exterior. 2500.
Just nabbed a 97. 7-8/10 all around. 1350.

Just wait.

Yeah, just wait. I wouldn't even consider another XJ for anything over 2k unless it was built to the specs I want by someone I knew or a reputable shop with a good warranty. They can be had for much less in the same condition you are looking for if you are willing to wait.

Just bought a 2000 freedom. With a reman motor. Clean body. Interior was 7-8/10. But bone stock and clean exterior. 2500.
Just nabbed a 97. 7-8/10 all around. 1350.

Just wait.

Damn that's pretty good. I bought a 99 for 2900 and after it got wrecked, bought another nicer 99 with 150k for 4k. I could've waited but woman needed a car. I'd say average price for a later xj is under 5k, based off CL, and I wouldn't pay more than that.

The Northern Colorado CL listing is ludicrous, he will have to lower his price dramatically.

The Ebay ad will get near his asking price due to the very low mileage.

It really just depends on what you are after. A super clean XJ with 75k or less is going to be near or above $10k and it will sell.

Damn that's pretty good. I bought a 99 for 2900 and after it got wrecked, bought another nicer 99 with 150k for 4k. I could've waited but woman needed a car. I'd say average price for a later xj is under 5k, based off CL, and I wouldn't pay more than that.

I stay on it! Was first to view both times, within hour of posting. One was for cousin, other for brothers girlfriend. Now looking for my other cousin.

Can you expand your search area a little ? I saw a nice 98 with 3 to 4.5 inch lift and quarter panel guards for 3800. don't remember mileage(can double check if you want ) and another 98 with a dented rear bumper for 1500 around Laramie Wyoming.Maybe pay for trip , mini vacation and get xj for Denver prices ? I've done this quite a few times(maybe i'm just lucky ?) If you're interested I can pm you some listings.

The Northern Colorado CL listing is ludicrous, he will have to lower his price dramatically.

The Ebay ad will get near his asking price due to the very low mileage.

It really just depends on what you are after. A super clean XJ with 75k or less is going to be near or above $10k and it will sell.

Iv'e seen crAzy prices on eBay...lol...places selling drum brake 14 bolts for $700-900 ...plus shipping...these are the axles that sell for $150-200 already pulled all dayl long and $100 from the pnp...you know what they say about a fool and his money , well 10k for a nearly 20 year old economy jeep would be the parting .

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I did decide to pass on them both. Living in Colorado I do want something I don't care if it gets scratched up from the trees. I'm going to find something for under 4k.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back