• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A good deed...

cdrake261

NAXJA Forum User
I went to Martinville, IN today to pick up an engine hoist today and on my way home, my jeep broke down. Lost power steering, belt wrapped around fan, and overheated the engine to the point of pressurized coolent shooting out in several places which left me stranded in a church parking lot.

This guy names Eric and his son, as he was driving by on hwy 252 took noticed and turned around to offer a hand. After inspection, part of the belt broke and was drawn into the fan and off the pulleys. So Eric was very kind to drive me 5-10 miles to an auto part store for belt, coolant, and tools and drove me back to help me install it.

He was very nice, helpful, and is also a jeep owner as well. If you need windows done or anything that he may offer as a service, do me a big favor and give him some business.

photo21_zps556f7549.jpg

Re: A good dead...

There are some great people out there. Just a bunch of good ole boys over there in Martinsville.

Re: A good dead...

Theres some good people out there stil.

A while back my mom and grandma were taking an amtrack to Louisiana, they had to catch the train at midnight. We were about 30 min from the station in a little town around 11:00pm. I look down and my alternators not charging. Come to a stop light in town and it stumbles. I make it to a gas station and it dies. I ask for a jump from a complete stranger. He jumps me and we find out its not charging stil.
He gave me, my grandma and mom a ride 30 minutes south to catch the train. Waited 15 minutes with us til the train got there and then drove me back to the gas station.
Cool dude, army vet and was into high end demo derbys and pulling trucks.

Back