• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a few new stylin' driveway pics on the 31s

irish44j

NAXJA Forum User
nothing too exciting, but figured I'd post 'em

jeep053.jpg

jeep054.jpg

jeep055.jpg

Looks good. Did you have to make any changes from when you had 30x9.50s? How much rubbing do you get on your lower control arms at full lock?

mtnxj said:
Looks good. Did you have to make any changes from when you had 30x9.50s? How much rubbing do you get on your lower control arms at full lock?

I'm actually running 1.25" spidertrax spacers in the rear and 1" ebay spacers up front, so there is no rubbing at all. Before I put the spacers in the front, it would rub occasionally at full lock even with the 30s.

Only other thing I did this week was put in a TC drop to get rid of the drivetrain vibes I had under hard acceleration.

Looks good. With the spacers do you now have problems climbing the fender openings at flex? I'm running the same tires on the stock rims on my 91 and I couldn't ask for them to clear the fenders any tighter, I'd rather rub on my LCAs then the fenders.

Are those 97+ side view mirrors?

ADVNTURR said:
Looks good. With the spacers do you now have problems climbing the fender openings at flex? I'm running the same tires on the stock rims on my 91 and I couldn't ask for them to clear the fenders any tighter, I'd rather rub on my LCAs then the fenders.

Are those 97+ side view mirrors?

I haven't tried yet. This XJ is really just my utility hauler and I've only hadit a couple months, so it hasn't been in any real offroad situations yet. I'll check all that out once it gets above the freezing point around here!

Yeah, the mirrors are the power ones from 97+ from a junkyard. They fit with minor modification, although I didn't hook up the power adjust on them. I just adjust them by sticking my hand out the window if needed...

Looks good......love the looks and performance of the BFG's. Got no complaints as of yet.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Looks good......love the looks and performance of the BFG's. Got no complaints as of yet.

Well you know the street side of things.. lets hear from someone who's takin their OFF the road and mall parking lots

99% of my XJ's action will be on the streets, so street performance is more important to me.

BTW, Home Depot is across the street from the mall, so I don't go into mall parking lots :)

irish44j said:
99% of my XJ's action will be on the streets, so street performance is more important to me.

BTW, Home Depot is across the street from the mall, so I don't go into mall parking lots :)

Oh don't you worry... that was for Tiny Tim all the way :dunce:

Even a blind nut finds a squirrel on occasion

that's actually mud-colored paint on the sides. I just splattered it on there to make it look like I was wheeling. It's permanent too, so I never have to look like a mall-crawler. yeah!

hahaha mud in a can....still can't believe people actually buy that stuff. Might as well grab some of those fake bullet holes while you're at it.

99XJSPORT06 said:
hahaha mud in a can....still can't believe people actually buy that stuff. Might as well grab some of those fake bullet holes while you're at it.

there actually is such a thing? wow....

99XJSPORT06 said:
Yes sir, and what's worse is people actually buy it!

"people" eh?

770214_27_full.jpg

:D

You gotta be kidding me. They have mud paint in a can? If you need it your a pussy. I can wash mine and 2 blocks later the windows & doors are covered with sheet.

Back