• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Couple of Pics

streetxj

NAXJA Forum User
And a crappy exhaust video. :D

1560746_664394473612648_508782882_n.jpg

1530551_664394323612663_1123302594_n.jpg

http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/tropicalgrower89/media/VID_20140111_145506_zpscf60f99c.mp4.html

Last edited:
did you put new wheels? Looks good.

More info on the wheels please, they look awesome!

More info on the wheels please, they look awesome!

They are runflats. I have to look at them again to know what brand and model they are. My dad found those rims and bought them back in 2005. They are supposedly bmw x5 rims, but I'd never seen those rims on an x5 before. Maybe they were on an x5, but are not OEM x5 rims. They are aluminum and they have the "Made in Italy" engraved into the back of one of the spokes on each rim. I'm beginning to wonder if they are Ferrari rims. lol My dad also had some custom wheel spacers made since they have the bolt pattern of a chevy. It fitted directly onto a 1996 chevy blazer. Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Cool, they look a bit like the Eagle LSII's on my 200...................they're the bane of the Pentastar powered 200/Avenger community, the 235/75R15 Wrangler Silentarmors on my XJ are a better tarmac tire than those:soapbox:

I really like the design of the wheels, but I hate the color. It matches nothing on the Jeep and white wheels just look super cheap in general, in my opinion. If they were darker, I'd really like the entire setup.

I dig the white wheels... not a cookie cutter look, something different. I can see where it is going vis-à-vis a prepared tuner look.

Can't afford it. :laugh3: I would like to do it though. :D I'm saving $$$ for the pacesetter longtube header I would like to get this summer. The only negative feedback I heard about them is the fitment in the 4x4 models. Mine is 2x4.

Here is the real skinny on the Pacemaker long tube headers. The headers are made to have the final assembly done by the end user. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, there are two production lines involved in the manufacture of these header sub-assemblies neither of which speaks to the other. The set sent to me would not assemble unless they were cut into pieces and welded into position. The misalignment was not by a little bit either, it was a good 0.25".

I called Pacemaker and they were the ones who calmly told me about the two production lines. When I asked them if it had occurred to anyone there to see if the parts would fit each other, they said...why, no...

They suggested that a strap wrench be used to pull the two tubes closer so as to fit into the collector. Right. Steel tubing that is less than 6" long, welded at an angle is going to move... I tried it though.

And then, they were sent back. As it turned out, JC Whitney had them at the least cost and JC Whitney has a no questions asked return policy.

So then, maybe the set you get will assemble, maybe they won't. I did send Pacesetter a jig design for the welding of the two problematical tubes. Maybe the sub-assemblies now fit.

I doubt it though...

Here is the real skinny on the Pacemaker long tube headers. The headers are made to have the final assembly done by the end user. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, there are two production lines involved in the manufacture of these header sub-assemblies neither of which speaks to the other. The set sent to me would not assemble unless they were cut into pieces and welded into position. The misalignment was not by a little bit either, it was a good 0.25".

I called Pacemaker and they were the ones who calmly told me about the two production lines. When I asked them if it had occurred to anyone there to see if the parts would fit each other, they said...why, no...

They suggested that a strap wrench be used to pull the two tubes closer so as to fit into the collector. Right. Steel tubing that is less than 6" long, welded at an angle is going to move... I tried it though.

And then, they were sent back. As it turned out, JC Whitney had them at the least cost and JC Whitney has a no questions asked return policy.

So then, maybe the set you get will assemble, maybe they won't. I did send Pacesetter a jig design for the welding of the two problematical tubes. Maybe the sub-assemblies now fit.

I doubt it though...

Thanks for the heads-up.

Put a air dam on the front and a spoiler on the rear and it will look really cool.

Put a air dam on the front and a spoiler on the rear and it will look really cool.

I already have a 1st gen s10-blazer front air dam laying inside my screen enclosure. I just got to modify it for it to fit on under the front lip of the jeep. Ehhhh, I'm not a fan of spoilers on an suv. The only spoiler that I think looks decent is the stealth spoiler.

aepsab.jpg

I already have a 1st gen s10-blazer front air dam laying inside my screen enclosure. I just got to modify it for it to fit on under the front lip of the jeep. Ehhhh, I'm not a fan of spoilers on an suv. The only spoiler that I think looks decent is the stealth spoiler.

aepsab.jpg
That's the one I was referring to. You can buy those on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-CHEROK...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27dce60fe5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-CHEROK...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec59d224c

you are lucky you have the 84-96 body style. I have a 99 and the orvis one is really rare and has been very hard to find.

Back