• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Won't Start Electrical Problem?

IdeaMan

NAXJA Forum User
I took the battery cables off to clean the corrosion from them and the battery terminals. I put the cables back on the terminals. When I go start the Jeep I have full power to all accessories like the radio, power seats, etc. however, the engine will not turn over. I don't believe I shorted anything out, maybe I did ???? and I'm thinking possibly a fusable link??? If it is a fusable link, where's it located? Any other ideas?

Re: 98 XJ Won't Start Electrical Problem? Fuel Prob???

Ok, I found that the previous owner had an Executive 2500 alarm system and when I unhooked the wires from the alarm brain the Jeep turns over but it still won't start. Maybe no fuel? I added 3 gallons of fuel... still nothing. I pressed the fuel pressure thing on the fuel rail with a key and fuel came out... not sure if that's a good enough test or not. Any ideas?

is there one of thoughs buttons some where. i now those alarms wont let it start. can you hear the fuel pump turning on. the alarm is turning some thing off.

No there isn't one of those buttons and it always started before I undid the cables and put them back on. Could the fuel pump go out suddenly like this?

Back