• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Doorless XJ

ebjones7

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I have been really wanting to take the front doors off of my 01' XJ. I have searched and can not find a write on how to. I have done it on the older XJ's but the hinges are different. If it is possible please let me know how or where I could find a Write up

Thanks A lot

I used the writeup posted by dru9 and took my doors off monday evening. It's awesome driving around like that, but with power everything, my doors are heavy as hell.

I took my doors off & after wheeling with out, they are never going back on!! The visabilty is amazing!!

thanks for all the info i am hopefully going to start doing that this weekend or next week. I have an 88 which is doorless which is fun as $*@% to drive so I wanted to do it to my 01. does anyone have problem which stuff disappearing out of the car?

I looked at the top wright up and those hinges do not match the hinges that I have on my 97

The second one might be, but there is not a pic of the hing before it was cut.

I will post up a pic of the hinges that I have later

Last edited:
JAS that is because you have the pre 97 hinges on yours... I have a 2000 and did the second write up... and some of the first... they are both good. Anyways just remember to mark your stock alignment.

Kevin

Back