• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ center consoles

There have been a few threads about this recently.I think what we have all decided here is it would be quite a bit of work. The E-Brake handle would have to be relocated and I'm sure brackets would have to be moved. I tell ya what though, if you're up to it, let me know how easy it is, because I have wanted to do this for a while.

Ok, I am in the process of doing this swap. These are the things I found that either need to be modified or replaced. I will get some pics up when I get home. Now this is for a 90'.

Also get the air duct, shift bezel, 4 wheel shift bezel. The old ones don't fit.

The new console isn't as long as the old one Gap at the front
The new console ins't as wide as the old one. Have to replace the air duct
The E brake needs to be moved 1.5" to the drivers side
2 mounting brackets in the rear need to be moved

2 screws did line up one by the 4 wheel lever and one by the shifter.

I still have to move the E brake lever and the mounting tabs, but I will do that when the weather gets warmer. I think it would be easier to do it with the seats out.

On the positive side:
The new conlose is taller and my arm rests on it just right
Cup holders that don't fall off or cramp the pass. 2 Med dunkin dounuts coffee's just fit.

All in all I like the new console is nice, but is some work to get it right. I am going to use the space up front for my CB.

Err.. I just picked up mine tonight. It's really nice. I will be trying the swap tomorrow. I got the brackets and the indicators, but forgot the duct. I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow. Lunatic728 did you ever get it done?

Back