• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas filler hose shield same on all XJ's?

I want to say yes.
In my '94 to '96 parts catalogs the part number is 55003285.
It has been my experience that the letters at the end are more a year designation then a different part but......

The letters at the end of the part number indicate an update to the part. As long as the original part number is the same it should be compatible however if there's a A B or whatever at the end of the part number that will be the newest version of the part.

So my shield is totally rusted and I haven't found a better used one, but noticed new ones for sale. They're listed as 97 - 01 but wondering if anyone knows if they fit 96 and older? Going to drop tank and replace hoses and roll over valves so wanting to replace shield as well.
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-shield-heat~55003285ab.html

$88???!!!

For that shield?

I will sell you a decent used one for $44.

Seriously. I just went and checked, and no, I didn't throw it away. I have one that I pulled from a '96 (or at least '96 and down--am not sure exactly which XJ Ipulled it from) in the JY. PM me.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I did more research and I think they are the same.

Anak, I'll keep your offer in mind. Might have found a good used one close to home, going to check it out Thursday.

FYI, will be doing the vent tube modification at the same time to gain a few gallons.

Back