• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Running Rough..thowing mulitple codes

Ok another update

Pulled the Dist today to see if maybe the Gear was worn down because it only runs bad on idle...runs great off of idle. It was fine..barely any wear at all.
SO....with it running i pulled the wire off #1 Injector and the idle didnt change at all....revved it up and it studdered pretty bad so you know for sure cylinder one was down. Back to idle i plugged it back in. Revved it up and it revved smooth again...SO that tells me theres an injector problem at low pressure and I need to replace it.

Anyone got a spare set of injectors laying around?

Put a set of Ford injectors on it, they are cheaper/better than the OE replacements and are direct bolt on. Do a search here and you will find a thousand threads on this upgrade.

Just a set of 19lbers from a 5.0?

The 19 lb. orange-top Ford (Bosch) injectors have been used in a lot of different engines, 3.8L and up, in both cars and trucks, and were even used in some F350 vans.

When you go to buy new seals get the Ford ones--cheaper cost.

Ya i thought they looked the same as the 5.0 injectors but wasnt sure on the flow rate if they were the same or not. i can pick up a set of those pretty cheap

Back